PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A simpler life - version 2.0

13»

Comments

• wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 8:28AM
    Mrs sd I'm glad you have support now.
    Hand cream I use loads of, I think in the main it's to apply as often as possible. There's a a garnier one in green tube, that I like, £1.99 from body care. Intensive seven day she a butter for dry chapped hands.its light enough during the day not greasy.
    But any thick one like s body butter or even vaseline, put cotton gloves over the top and wear to bed. Cotton gloves are available from boot s I think. Body shop used to do a hemp one not the best smell but quite effective my brother used it for psoriasis.
    I've been using up some old suncream at the side of kitchen sink!
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the replies guys, the cotton gloves idea sounds great and I will look up Clarins & Garnier for reviews now. The cream I used has been helping, I feel much less rigid and sore. Work doesn't supply any but I might leave some at work for others to use too.

I'm cooking some brownies this morning, had the packet half price as the box was crushed.. I fear they will all be eaten before the children get home.

Keep us up to date MrsSD - you can always rant here if things are stressing you too much! Sending love back!

Have a super week all, the sun in shining.. hopefully I can mow the lawns this weekend if it all dries out.
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've just turned off smart punctuation and now I'm trying to think of things to say with apostrophes to see if it's the answer
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It is:j:j:j
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Hi everyone,

We have had a fairly successful start to the French decluttering :T
    20 or more black bin bags of stuff for the Tip (10 gone already), 2 Large recycling bins filled to the brim, 1 box of English children’s books packed for English cs, a pile of stuff set aside for nephew to take & a pile of stuff ready for the sale my DSis is having (prices to range from €1 to €5) & if not sold straight to Tip :T

She was doing the ‘flit around’ method of decluttering - start in one place find something she wants to keep & move somewhere else. Apparently loads of stuff was being binned but you couldn’t tell by looking :rotfl: DSis was most miffed when I asked if she had done anything :rotfl:

So please keep your fingers crossed for me :)

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 April 2018 at 4:37PM
    Ricardaracoon,

A Simpler Life 2018 appears to be back on page 3 of the contents list :T I am about to try & post so wish me luck :rotfl:

Now on page one of contents list - so all our lovely info is back

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure