CCA request

Options

Comments

• poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Robocop16 wrote: »
    So I have received a response from Fairfax for 3 accounts as follows

Please find enclosed Postal order for £1.00 as this is no longer required.

Your account has been placed on temporary hold while we contact the client.

We will back back i touch when we have more information.

Why would they return my postal orders but still chase the CCA

It probably costs them more to bank the cheque than it's worth, so the easiest (and cheapest) way to deal with it is to return it. There are many examples of this being done.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Robocop16
    Robocop16 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I sent a 2nd letter to Restons again asking for the CCA agreement and stating I know it becomes unenforceable if they cannot provide.

They have replied saying “we no longer are dealing with this matter please contact the creditor direct”

Does that mean they are no longer chasing the debt or just not interested in the CCA

Thanks
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Hi

I sent a 2nd letter to Restons again asking for the CCA agreement and stating I know it becomes unenforceable if they cannot provide.

They have replied saying “we no longer are dealing with this matter please contact the creditor direct”

Does that mean they are no longer chasing the debt or just not interested in the CCA

Thanks

It means they can’t comply with your CCA request and they’ve returned it to the original creditor.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Robocop16
    Options
    So do I now have to request it myself from the original lender?

Is it not up to Restons to supply me with this as its them who the debt is with?

Thanks
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    So do I now have to request it myself from the original lender?

Is it not up to Restons to supply me with this as its them who the debt is with?

Thanks

Don’t do anything until you get another letter. It’s dead until someone else writes to you.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The original creditor always retains the paperwork, so any DCA that buys the debt, or manages it, must always refer back to them.

You have done your bit, the ball is now in their court, if they do not respond, your debt will remain unenforceable until they do.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Robocop16
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for the replies that is what I thought but the way they had written it makes out I should write to the original lender myself for this information.

I will leave this one alone now.

Thanks
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for the replies that is what I thought but the way they had written it makes out I should write to the original lender myself for this information.

I will leave this one alone now.

Thanks

You could ask them to clarify their position, as it is possible they may not of passed on your request, as they are supposed to.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Robocop16
    Options
    Hi

Had some replies from Drydens's Fairfax with a General Notice of Assignment and stating they are still waiting further documentation therefore the account will remain on hold.

Had one back saying the client couldn't provide a CCA at present and in view of the balance we have made a decision to cease all collections activity. I will not receive any further contact regarding this matter but please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to make a payment.

Happy with that.

Thanks for the advice so far.
  • Robocop16
    Options
    ADVICE NEEDED AGAIN! TWICE PLEASE

My Request to Restons was sent back to me originally with them offering nothing so i wrote to them a 2nd time as advised. I'd heard nothing back and now HSBC have written to me to say the account has been transferred to Moorcroft. Do i now just send another request to Moorcroft???

Secondly Cabot have responded to say they can't get the information so it's now unenforceable so they are not permitted to obtain a judgment or Decree against me in court. However the balance remains outstanding and i should continue to pay.
    Should I ignore them,Pay £1 a month token or offer a very small settlement?

Thanks for any advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport