Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cancelled about 6 months ago. Various phone calls offering 50% off.

Got a call today offering 60% off plus £100 credit. I only had the most basic package anyway so it's 100% free for a year :D
  • Gnasher86 wrote: »
    I have an issue on which id like some advice.

i now see this as a mistake but 9 months ago i agreed to a 50% off discount for 9 months but on a 12 month contract, i have now been informed that my bill is rising to the full amount and my contract doesn't end until 1 Sept.

I called up this morning to try and cancel and was told there would be a termination fee equivalent to the outstanding balance, the other option was to downgrade to the basic package at £20 a month wait for 31 days and then cancel but then id lose the sports and movies which is all i really want it for anyway.

She offered me 25% off for 12 months to stay which isn't a good deal. So my quandary is, aside from the options above what plan of attack can i take to get involved in the 50/60% off banter, should i just bite the bullet and wait until I'm in the the last 30 days of contract and then cancel and hope for the best or is there something else I'm not thinking of.

Cheers

Gnasher

Hey Gnasher.

I had the same problem-10 month deal, twelve month contract. I was told I couldn't get out early but could put in my cancellation for the end of my contract. After having a read round I decided to try my luck on live chat. Said I'd been offered 60% off and £100 bill credit. They came back to me and said 50% and £50 which I accepted. Even better no extension to my contract! 12 month deal but only tied in for the final two months of my previous contract.

Hope it helps
  • ox-boy
    ox-boy Posts: 61
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am an existing sky TV customer.

My existing broadband and line rental is with BT and looking to move these across and take Sky Fibre.

Anyone had any joy in getting a better Sky fibre deal than those advertised for new customers?
  • Browntoa wrote: »
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract

Sky full Family Bundle with Sports and Movies.
    (no HD, no landline or broadband with Sky)

£29 per month, 60% off.

No contract, and a £50 credit.

Negotiated after I had cancelled their tv package, waited until the last day before I was due to be cut off and then contacted them through live chat. Said I wanted to negotiate a deal please (remember manners) and said exactly what I wanted; 60% off full package (gave them the full price and costings for a 60% discount), said that a friend was given this deal so I would like the same 'please' and they agreed! I also asked kindly kindly for a credit and stated that I did not want to be tied into a contract. Wouldn't pay any more now, and would always want the 60% off price.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sky full Family Bundle with Sports and Movies.
    (no HD, no landline or broadband with Sky)

£29 per month, 60% off.

No contract, and a £50 credit.

Negotiated after I had cancelled their tv package, waited until the last day before I was due to be cut off and then contacted them through live chat. Said I wanted to negotiate a deal please (remember manners) and said exactly what I wanted; 60% off full package (gave them the full price and costings for a 60% discount), said that a friend was given this deal so I would like the same 'please' and they agreed! I also asked kindly kindly for a credit and stated that I did not want to be tied into a contract. Wouldn't pay any more now, and would always want the 60% off price.

Is it 60% for life or for a set period?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • It's 60% off for 12 months, but definitely with no contract, and after that time we would have to re-negotiate again, but would state that we wanted the 60% off deal and nothing else. Now we know it can be done, we wouldn't pay any more.
  • Taken from recent bill:

Latest bill

My subscriptions - 1 Jul - 31 Jul
    A month in advance

Family with Sports & Movies - including discounts

Family with Sports & Movies £74.00

Viewing Subscription Discounted - £44.40

Total £29.60

Total due 1 Jul £29.60 Payment processing
    - £29.60

Hope this helps someone x
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's 60% off for 12 months, but definitely with no contract, and after that time we would have to re-negotiate again, but would state that we wanted the 60% off deal and nothing else. Now we know it can be done, we wouldn't pay any more.

The no contract is a bonus, but for those who are having broadband, likely will be on 12 months minimum.

I will try your method out and see if it works. Shame that the MSE sky deal ended yesterday, not due for renewal until end of August
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    I recently signed up to sky.... Got Original package at the £20 cost and £125 mastercard... I then signed up for the free broadband for a year only paying line rental.... I did see an offer that they would give me £100 M&S, But I knew I didn't qualify :) So I called anyway chancing my luck and said im unhappy I didn't get this, They offered to reduce my entire bill buy £5 a month for the next 12 month... So paying for original and line rental at £31.99, Which seems fine to me...

Plus i've earned £500 from referring friends to SKY. Got them on the prepaid mastercards...
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    cancel sky got 50% of on my account next day will wait until one day before I am turned of and talk to them v chat
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback