Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• On chat earlier today

Got offered
    Entertainment for £22
    Kids. £1
    HD. £1
    Ultimate on demand £10
    Sky cinema £8
    Multiscreen £13

Total cost is £55 for 18 months plus a £10 admin fee

So I’ve declined that
  • marco44
    marco44 Posts: 19
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I nearing the end of my contract. So I contacted sky today on chat to see what they would offer me.
    I’m currently paying £50 per month.
    There final offer was
    Entertainment £15
    HD £1
    Sports in HD £17
    Cinema £8
    Multi screen £13
    Total £54 per month
    I refused this and cancelled my contact. It ends in 30 days.
    Waiting to see if they get back to me with a better offer.
  • What are people’s strategy for getting a good deal? Best offer I got was when I gave my notice but now every time I call or chat I get deals that are much worse than I was offered initially and they don’t want to haggle with me. Surely I won’t actually have to leave will I?!
  • What are people’s strategy for getting a good deal? Best offer I got was when I gave my notice but now every time I call or chat I get deals that are much worse than I was offered initially and they don’t want to haggle with me. Surely I won’t actually have to leave will I?!

I’m kinda hoping i get a decent deal.......but to be honest I think I’m set for leaving this time...
  • I’m kinda hoping i get a decent deal.......but to be honest I think I’m set for leaving this time...

You have to fully leave before you get the best deal available.
  • pinkzebra
    pinkzebra Posts: 385
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My contract ran out, so I phoned them for a better deal. I’m really happy with what I got:

Tv (Entertainment and hd) £18
    Superfast broadband £21

And I’ve upgraded to sky q for free (my current box is I don’t know how old - 10 years?) no admin or installation fees.

So total £39 a month.
  • sparky200 wrote: »
    You have to fully leave before you get the best deal available.

More than happy to do that.....enough on Netflix and amazon prime to keep me amused for a few weeks....
    Good offer on NowTV in Costco at the moment.....
  • Goldust
    Goldust Posts: 526
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I just got a cracker of a deal from Sky. I didn't have it for about 4 months after leaving my old house as I was living with family who already had Sky so it was completely cancelled.

They never sent me anything at all to come back but I saw a generic "come back to Sky" link on hotukdeals so clicked that, signed in and chatted to the advisor.

I got Sky Q install at my new house, an extra box (with multiroom subscription), Sports, Movies, Entertainment, Kids and Box Sets for £46 per month. £25 up front which is the admin fee and charge for both boxes. Very pleased with that. I presume because I was classed as a "leaver" I got such a deal but I didn't think they'd do much as it was a new installation and equipment.

If anyone wants the link, here it is:

https://www.sky.com/live-chat/comeback?DCMP=dmc-sky.com-ec-Winback-dm1
  • Ended up agreeing yesterday for

Entertainment £15
    HD £1
    Box Sets £1
    Cinema £10

One off £10 admin fee and free sky q box and installation. Overall happy enough with it. Only problem is I have to wait a month for sky q to be installed!

Hoping there will be some good UOD offers on my account in the near future
  • Pekoz1
    Pekoz1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    For info....Just had a long cancellation online chat (125 minutes!) with Sky for my mother in law.....sky customers for 17 years (to put things in context)

For the last year they have been paying £53 a month for the full package on 2 boxes (on 12 month contract). Price now risen to £73 this month and £96 next month.

Sky agent offered to check best prices and process cancellation if I wanted to.

1st offer was £66 for current full package or £46 if Sports was dropped. 2 boxes. 18th month contract.

Carried on with cancellation and his final offer (after speaking to manager!!) was £56 for full package on 2 boxes or £39 without Sports. 18 month contract. £20 admin fee.

Since mother in law is risk averse went with £56 full package but agent credited back £20 admin fee.

Overall I felt that they were keeping me waiting deliberately on chat to encourage me to take a deal....125 mins was excessive.

In previous years I have actually cancelled and recontracted in the 30/31 day cancellation window.

Was I likely to have gotten a better deal than above this year if I had done the same?

Thanks Mark
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure