EE 4GEE Home Router 2017

Is the above router able to be unlocked, coming to the end of my contract and looking to go to Smarty for my Data Sim. So can this be locked, or any other recommendations for a Home Router? I am looking to use this a few days a month max for when working from my parents, as they don't have Wi-Fi.

Comments

• mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Most probably but EE have sold so many hotspots with similar names its hard to know exactly what you have for sure.

But look at the label and work out what model, probably some sort of alcatel.

Then look it up on ebay and someone will probably sell you an unlock code for 99p or so.

Or there are the official EE channels https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/device-unlock/ which might unlock it officially for £8.99 or free if you have finished your contract...

Of course the really mind numbing question is does your router support the right frequency bands to work fully with smarty/three. It's probably easier just to use trial and error but its something to consider. That and whether your three signal is as good as your EE one...

Best of luck
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mnbvcxz wrote: »
    Most probably but EE have sold so many hotspots with similar names its hard to know exactly what you have for sure.

But look at the label and work out what model, probably some sort of alcatel.

Then look it up on ebay and someone will probably sell you an unlock code for 99p or so.

Or there are the official EE channels https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/device-unlock/ which might unlock it officially for £8.99 or free if you have finished your contract...

Of course the really mind numbing question is does your router support the right frequency bands to work fully with smarty/three. It's probably easier just to use trial and error but its something to consider. That and whether your three signal is as good as your EE one...

Best of luck

Thank you, I decided to just stick with EE and reduce my monthly cost significantly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure