Warning Granite Trend Transformations worktops change colour

Options
Just want to let anyone know that’s looking for a new kitchen or new worktop, about this company.
Granite Trend Transformations
Their Trascenda range changes colour in daylight inside two months in Bolton Lancashire from grey and white to green and white.

I purchased a new full kitchen from them and it was fitted by November 18, in February 19 I noticed where daylight hit it, bearing in mind this is the North of England, not a lot of sunshine, it was going green!

I’ll try to keep this short
I was sent other samples from their Trascenda range I set them beside my window, inside a month they also went green.
So a replacement wasn’t an option
I got quotes from other company’s to replace my worktop and the other bits that would need doing to complete it, replastering the walls, plumbing, electrics, painting etc.
These came to approximately 8K
They have stalled, and beaten about the bush in every which way to delay talking to me always going to be in contact “shortly”
Finally after 8 months they agreed to refund me just under 6K
They have now left me with the situation that I either live with the green worktops or have to find the extra £2350 myself.

I trailed the internet as I couldn’t believe I was the only person this had happened to.
I discovered an article in the Sydney Morning Herald dated 5th November 2018 titled

“I will lose everything: Granite Transformations franchisees struggle”

In that article it mentions Quality issues:
That the Trascenda range discolours in daylight!
That means they sold me product that they knew had quality issues, I forwarded this information I had found to their Chief Operation Officer. Only to be told that parts of that article were not true.
I have green discoloured worktops so that part was factually true.
I have now had to give up chasing them for the rest of the money, as this has taken up 8 months of my life. I’ve had to keep my kitchen in darkness for all this time as it’s actually starting to go a bit luminous
It’s been very stressful and upsetting, I know things can go wrong and nothing is ever perfect, but I did expect to be able to get it replaced without it costing me more money.
The only thing I can do is warn other people not to get this Transcende range.

Oh their worktops are also supposed to have specially formulated UV stable polymers!
I do have photos, I’ll try to upload them.
Thanks for listening x

Comments

• Mclee
    Mclee Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I can’t post the photos as I’m new on here. I’ll keep checking and put them on as soon as I can.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Post them as broken links ... e.g.

imgur .com/link

DO NOT try adding in http etc. Someone else will be able to make them clickable links.
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 January 2020 at 4:11PM
    Options
    There are favourable reviews for Granite Transformation (Wakefield) on trustpilot. Franchises perhaps.

I think you may be searching for reviews in a slightly incorrect name https://www.granitetransformations.co.uk/locations/

If a franchise, might the parent company assist?

One of my favourite options to encourage action, FaceBook comments!
    https://m.facebook.com/GraniteTRENDUK/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Mclee
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you DoaM I’ll try that.
  • Mclee
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you Seven of Nine, it has been the supplier or warranty’s I was originally put in contact with, when I first complained about it. So it’s been them I’ve been dealing with. I’ve tried everything and took advice from everyone including CAB who have told Trading Standards.
    It’s the fact they’re still selling that range all over the world, knowing that it’s not fit for purpose!
    I can’t understand how they’re getting away with it!
    Yes Facebook etc is a good idea.
  • Mclee
    First Post
    Options
    They also used to be called just Granite Transformations but seem to have had a name change to Granite Trend Transformations.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How bad is it ?? Let's see these pics
  • Mclee
    First Post
    Options
    As I’m a newbie on here I’m not allowed to post pictures yet. I tried everything suggested yesterday and just again now. I’ll keep checking and trying, I’ll get them on here as soon as I can. Thanks
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    just upload them to https://postimages.org/

Then, post the "direct link" here, but take off the https:// bit at the beginning, and put a few spaces in there too.
    Someone will repost it as a clickable link
  • Mclee
    First Post
    Options
    FYKVVmyP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income