• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Poor DD - hope for your sake you escape it
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,733 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been car shopping with DD1 as her timing belts went in her car and killed the engine. I spent 4 hours trying to source another engine to go in it but no luck so far. Went to Edinburgh to get a car for her then went down south to visit a friend before she went in for a knee operation and then on to see my mum. Came back early as I was worried about the weather.

DD1s car was going ok and then it suddenly stopped for no reason she got it going again and then it did it with OH at the weekend. Going to put it on the computer as we only have 28 days warranty.

In other most exciting news I've been approached to do 3 weeks of lambing. It's been a while since I was doing things like that but I'm so excited! I start on 1st of April. OH isn't as impressed as I was supposed to be with him.

In other nearly as exciting news, I've just had a meeting with the land agent about having my kitchen fitted. I get to choose the cupboard fronts and the work top. It does mean that we'll have to decorate again but it should look fab. I asked them not to start it near the last bank holiday weekend in May as that's when the DDs are having their 18th and 21st party. It would be nice to have it completed for then.

Paid £40 off the interest bearing card.

L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy lambing & happy shiney new kitchen :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    Options
    Lambing is all finished and I've been paid more per hour than originally agreed as they found I was better than expected. Whoop

Going to London tomorrow. Not sure if DS1 will make it as he's still busy lambing.

Concentrating on clearing the Santander cc. The 0% runs out in June. Once that's cleared hoping to get another 0% deal to move the LLoyds balance onto it as that also runs out in June. Still got a large amount on the M & S card. A small balance on Barclays £550, which I may target next just to have the satisfaction of getting rid of it.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the extra money.

Enjoy London.

Good idea to target the small card :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• lucielle
    Options
    Just done a quick tot up of the cards and can't seem to get it under the 10k mark.
    Barclaycard 450
    M & S 7205.10
    Lloyds 3600
    total 11255.10

The eagle eyed among you will notice I've cleared the Santander. The 0% runs out on the Lloyds in June. Loads of time on the Barclays. I just got an offer on my HSBC for a 0% deal but I know I can't move my M&S onto there. I'm hoping Santander will give me another offer then I can move M&S to them and Lloyds to HSBC.

L
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope your shuffling goes well :)

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope alls good L. Lost your subscription when I had to get a new MSE identity :( Hope alls good. I need to do a serious money shuffle to buy our car which is coming to the end of its lease...need to see what is out there as keen not to refinance if we can

Have a good day. X
  • lucielle
    Options
    AAAGH I've been such a twit. I can't believe how stupid I've been. I thought the Lloyds card 0% ran out in July so I've made an effort to try and get rid of it over the expensive M&S card. I suddenly thought today I'd check it and I've just come off the phone to them and it actually ends 31/7/2020!!!! !!!!!!.

So cost money in interest on the M&S one and also I did a balance transfer off it to HSBC (0% but still transfer fee) in a mission to be rid of the darn thing. Still not managed to shift any of the M&S debt which is at a glorious £7703.93! bu$$er
    L
  • beanielou
    Options
    Bumble bee :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback