Scrumptious September 2013 - Take Your Lunch To Work Thread

Options

Comments

• Jolaaled
    Jolaaled Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone tried making 'salad in a jar' method for taking to work?

I've read up a bit on the net on the 'rules' to follow for the order of ingredients (so it doesn't get mushy), but just wondering if anyone has tried this out and what sort of containers could be used?

http://blog.babygizmo.com/2013/01/salad-in-a-jar/

thanks all!
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi Jolaaled :j that's a great idea and I'll add it to the first post :T

Would jam jars be suitable :money: or maybe small kilner jars?
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello

Can I come back for September? I have 21 working days in Sept.

Salad in a jar looks interesting. I will have a go at that a couple of times.

My new favourite crisps are Asda smart price ready salted. They are smaller packets, so less syns (for the SWers) and are really salty :D 67p for 12 bags.
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • kittiej
    Options
    Of course you can come back, welcome 32b3 :j

Top tip re the crisps as well :T
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just been looking through the sandwich ideas etc and they all look great. I will be having to eat and drive at the same time (between clients, or sometimes i finish at 2pm) so am looking for something that i can eat 1 handed.
    Wraps look good, but i dont know how to keep them wrapped up tightly..any ideas?
  • kittiej
    Options
    If you search how to wrap a tortilla then there are plenty of vids on U-toob :)
  • TimeforTea_4
    Options
    Morning, this will be my first time on a challenge.....

I am working 12 days and then on jury service for 10, I will put down the 12 days for the challenge until I know how it works with the jury service?????

Xxxx:T
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TimeforTea wrote: »
    Morning, this will be my first time on a challenge.....

I am working 12 days and then on jury service for 10, I will put down the 12 days for the challenge until I know how it works with the jury service?????

Xxxx:T

You will be given a food card when on jury service. The daily allowance is pre-added and if you don't spend it, the money is paid into your bank account at the end of each week. That's how it work at the old bailey, I think it's the same everywhere
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • kittiej
    Options
    Welcome TimeforTea :hello: I will put you down for 12 days and if you want to add more or take some off then we can always alter it later.

You never quite know with this jury service stuff how it's going to pan out. The food card thing is totally different to when I did JS, but that was early 90's, you had to pay at the time. Fortunately I've not been called since.
  • lotti379
    lotti379 Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh please may I join?

I'm reasonably good at taking my lunch to work (the advantage of being out-of-town) but do slip up and buy packet stuff on the way in as I haven't been organised! I'd love to glean a few new ideas of yummy things to take, my general repertoire is last night's leftovers, soup or sandwiches! :D
    “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”

NSD Challenge: August 2017 2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport