headcase diary

I'm not good a writing stuff down but here goes. I've got myself in such a mess over the past couple of years.
I run my own business, my income has reduced due to long term illness, but now has leveled out. During that time I increased in weight to 19 stone and incurred debts. I'm under such stress. Its got to a head now and I have to make a decision whether to go under ( financially and lose the lot ), or turn it around.
I decided to fight it. I need to lose weight as it is seriously effecting me, The long term illness is - depression. I had a breakdown a couple of years ago - but kept working. This depression too has to be overcome. The mortgage and debts too have to be cleared off. I do not want the debts to take a life time to pay off. The good side is I can increase my income as I am self employed.
You might say its a lot to do. Yes it is. But I've been living like this for years and yes, it will that time and in tiny bits. So thats why I have decided to get this sorted once and forall.

Comments

• headcase
    headcase Posts: 86 Forumite
    Its been five / six weeks since my first posting. Well since then I've lost a stone in weight ( from 19 to 18 stone ). I've done this by only eating whats on my plate. My o.h has my bank cards etc and I have not seen any money for weeks. This has stopped me buying any sweets and pies form the shops !!. The other thing is walking most places and playing tennis on the weekend with my son. Boy oh boy the first couple of weeks killed me. Now its 3 sets of tennis. I feel much better phyically and mentally. The money side of things. While still bad. I've been paid £1000 in 5 weeks. Crap. Everyone is still chasing me for money,. However, have you seen the film ' the pursuit of happyness' ?. Well I'm dong that. I've telephoned 3250 businesses in 5 weeks, spoke to about 1000 persons and generated 125 inquirys. With my past results will generated about £20000 of personal income. It will take about another 1 or 2 months to get this. I'm 800 phone calls behind and I've got another 4500 from now to end of August to go and get more enquirys and get paid that money. Its not easy. I'm working 12 hours and day and about 5 hours on thr weekend with the paperwork. But I feel better and able to cope with things. All the best to everyone and i'll let you know wants having at the end of August.
  • catspaw
    catspaw Posts: 667 Forumite
    Nice one on the weight loss!

Got to ask...how many cold calls is this a day? I've just started running my own business and am being nosey:o

Only thing I can say is take it a little at a time, maybe pick your smallest debt and lcear that off first.
    Have you posted a SOA on here for the nice people to rip it apart/offer suggestions? Can't put the link in as don't know how!
    Proud to be dealing with my debt:eek:

TOTAL: £6,437 (04/01/2013) slowly but surely it is decreasing:D
  • headcase
    headcase Posts: 86 Forumite
    The number of cold calls a day depend on the number of appointments I have that day. Generally I aim for a minium of 150 a day. The number of interested persons - I class as They want to see me / want to do business within two months. Regarding the debt - I would say I'm an expert in the world of finance. Like everyone else I reduced the outgoings and now maxmiuming the income. I just want the debt paid off by Christmas and get the sh.t sorted out once and forall.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Wow all that cold calling must take some guts! :eek: That's awesome that you have managed to drum up so much interest, just shows you what hard work can achieve.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport