New Baby, New Start, BIGGG debts!!

Options

Comments

• helnag
    helnag Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say 'hi' and fingers crossed for good news on the promotion.
    PAD total since 27/07/09 = £60.83 - [strike]Capital One[/strike]:[strike] £192.73[/strike]£27.00 Next catalogue: [strike]£429.00[/strike] £154.00
    Welcome car HP: [strike]£6090[/strike], £3900, Welcome Loan:[strike]£3370[/strike], £2660HLC #1: [strike]£907.00[/strike]£637.00, HLC #2:[strike] £838.00[/strike]£608.00
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2009 - Member #649 - Target £500...banked £119.50 already.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    good luck for the interview. and you're not the only one who thinks about their debt constantly i know i obsess over mine and bore people with details of this site.
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Talsiker - belated welcome from me. Hope your job interview was successful. I'm a civil servant too - the interviews are horrible!

We started with a similar level of debt to you and it is coming down slowly but surely - the snowball calculator is my best friend now!

Good luck with the baby x x x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • talisker78
    talisker78 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your support guys,

Its nice to know there are others out there who are going through the same thing. Had my first sleepless night in a while last night. It just sprang up on me. Was awake til 3am going over and over in my head how I got into this mess and the mistakes i've made. I shouldn't let myself focus on the negative sometimes it just takes you over sometimes doesn't it?!

Barclaycard still won't let my transfer my HSBC balance onto their card (got £2,500 spare credit on the barclaycard sitting unused) which is really annoying as it would let me ditch my hated hated HSBC card and get it fixed on a lower APR. I think Barclaycard are figuring out I may be in trouble.

The exhaust fell off my beloved 10 year old Rav 4 on Saturday - £160 to fix! Might need a mum and dad loan for that one. I hate having to go cap in hand to them. They started with nothing and never used credit cards or loans, now they are comfortable and enjoying their retirement. They know I don't earn a huge amount but they have no idea the mess I'm in. It would kill me if they ever found out, just to disappoint them so much. Sorry - being negative again.... snapping out of it.

Still waiting for interview results....... get car back tomorrow.........try to stop worrying about my debts......._pale_
    Debt Sept 2007 (1st LBM) - £63,000 :embarasse
    Started DMP July 2012 (2nd LBM) - £34,000
    DFD (currently) - 12 years! :o
    "Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up."
  • helnag
    Options
    I'm the same about going to my Mum and Dad but sometimes it's the only choice, I have this idea in my head that as soon as all of my expensive debt has gone I will save up to pay off my Dad. Neither of us know how much I owe him but I would love nothing more than to save up £5000 and give him a cheque...one day hopefully.

Try not to beat yourself up about things, my level of debt is quite low compared to others on here but I can see how easy it would have been to run up huge debts with nothing to show for it. I'm just lucky that I defaulted early on and haven't really been able to get credit. Chin up.
    PAD total since 27/07/09 = £60.83 - [strike]Capital One[/strike]:[strike] £192.73[/strike]£27.00 Next catalogue: [strike]£429.00[/strike] £154.00
    Welcome car HP: [strike]£6090[/strike], £3900, Welcome Loan:[strike]£3370[/strike], £2660HLC #1: [strike]£907.00[/strike]£637.00, HLC #2:[strike] £838.00[/strike]£608.00
  • Karen_30
    Karen_30 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

Just thought i'd pop in and catch up. Keep your chin up! I'm sure your parents would prefer that you came to them rather than adding to your debt. We all need a helping had at times now and again.

Keep focusing on the positives, you are still meeting the payments on your debts. Are you able to ebay anything to start boosting those payments??

Hope barclaycard let that transfer go soon - understand your issues with HSBC my most hated creditor for me :mad:

Take care, x
  • talisker78
    talisker78 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT....

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. I was convinced I wouldn't get it. This gives me a bit of breathing space. I may still have to consider a DMP, but if I do it will allow me to give a bit more money to each creditor and hopefully get out of debt faster.

I'll see how the money pans out. If I am still struggling I'll contact CCCS in a few months, but this has given me a bit of breathing space. Would love to go out celebrating, but can only afford some Robinsons diluting juice, so will have to wait a while!

Thank you everyone for all your kind words of support. I really appreacite them.
    Debt Sept 2007 (1st LBM) - £63,000 :embarasse
    Started DMP July 2012 (2nd LBM) - £34,000
    DFD (currently) - 12 years! :o
    "Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up."
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Huge Congratulations from me Talisker.

Have a virtual drink! x x x

Sparkling_Champagne,_Holidays.jpg
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • helnag
    Options
    Well Done...Yayyyyyy!!!!
  • **confuzzled**
    **confuzzled** Posts: 4,228 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I've just read through your diary and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion and imminent arrival:j

I'm in a similar postition to you moneywise although I have a feeling my figure is a fair bit higher than yours:eek: Still working it out and then will have to update my sig.........Oh the shame:o
    But it WILL work out, one way or another you will be debt free:D

(Subscribed:D)
    1.11.09 - debt = £45k:eek:
    [STRIKE]Car Loan = £0[/STRIKE] CCCS Total = £30,246.88 Total Debt Paid off - 32.78%
    DFD [STRIKE]Nov[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Sept[/STRIKE]Aug 2018:o Only 75 payments to go:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure