The Body Shop At Home (Hints and tips)

Hi everyone,

I hope this is ok to post, very similar to the avon post, Iv been a body shop at home consultant for 2 years and there isnt really a forum to swap ideas and give tips to one another. I know we have our teams and our team meeting etc but its always nice to here from consultants in other areas.
So thought id see if there are any consultants on here to share there ideas.

Hez x

Im starting a list of ever consultant on here, so anyone new to the forum rather than trawling through all the pages can check this first post for a local consultant or for the sign in name of someone if your wanting to PM them. It'll take a while to gather all the names and details so bear with me...
We also now have a facebook page set up by some of our ladies, for those that want to join it or search it the name is,
The MSE Body shop at home networking group.
I'll start with me...

Hezza86 - Heather - Fife in sunny scotland region- been doing BSAH for over 2 years now.
Ragz - Rhiannan - East sussex in South East region
Lunafyre - Lindsay - Scarborough in North Yorkshire region
Bodyshop redcar - Fiona - Redcar - Teeside region
Keeping positive - Wendy - Banbury - North Oxfordshire region
Cherrypie556 - Vicki - cleveland - Teeside region
Elliep - Ellie - Coventry
Cath-and-Kim - Cathy and Kim - Bolton/Manchester - Northwest region
Monny - Monique - North hampshire,east sussex,portsmouth and surrounds - South East Region
Welshgirl2402 - Kate - Pembrokeshire - Wales Region
Leopardlady - Kate - Swindon
Lippy1966 - Claire - Hampshire,dorset,bristol and south wales
Alli - Alli - coventry
Pandapop - Kirsty - Hertfordshire
Becci_62 - Becci - Somerset and Dorset
Pinkhairdryer - Sarah - Cumbria
BodyShopBabe - Laura - Milton keynes,bedford,northhampton
Missbodyshop - charlotte - Kent - South East region
Valencia - Chichi - Manchester
Redcar - Ailsa - Cleveland
ditzeeblonde - Linzi - East Sussex
mon20 - Monica - halifax, west yorkshire
kalecj2008 - Kate - essex/herts border
acheekymunkey - Alex - Liverpool
xmoonflowerx - Shell - Hayling Island, Havant, Fareham
alisonbartley - alison - Wigon - North west region
synonymous - leanne - wakefield/leeds area
helen.jones.tbsah - Helen - Milton Keynes
Oilgeo - Sarah - Northampton
Lollipop_28 - Lorraine - York
Cle fairy - Claire - Northampton, Kettering, Wellingbourgh
CuggleUK - angela - Aylesbury Bucks
Fiona TBSAH - Fiona - Welwyn garden city
salesadmin - Lauren - Wellington, northampton
The riddler - Vicky - Somerset area
Sazzy34 - Sarah - Lincoln and surrounding areas
Lewey - Lewey - Cumbria
Kettricken - Rosemary - Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
mar1e - Bury Lancashire

Comments

• mon1o
    mon1o Posts: 749 Forumite
    hiya!! Im a new consultant. ive got my kit arriving tomorrow and my first party is on friday so any hints and tips on how to tackle my first party would be great!

Ive been making posters to hang up in nurseies, childrens play centre, newsagents, fish and chip shops and just asking anyone and everyone if they want a party! I just need to print off my stuff. Also composed a host's letter which will hopefully motivate them to achieve more sales!

This is a fab thread idea (please keep it mods lol!)

Monica x
  • hezza86
    hezza86 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Go you, i remember my first party it was for my mum!
    is yours for someone you know or is it someone you dont know.

My advice would be to relax and dont worry about making mistakes...i made loads!
    If you get the script cards (they may come with your kit) dont worry about using them, i read direct from mine for over a year and a half. i just said at the start that i was new at this so dont heckle me too much. (makes people laugh and it makes them aware that your new at it to) which can be good as they may sympathise and buy loads.lol.

Just enjoy it. :D im sure you'll be fine.

And always remember your manager is there to help at all times, and no question is a stupid question.
  • mon1o
    hi again yeah all my parties this month are for people i know. Ive got 5 booked and im having one myself lol. Well, why not! Ive received my shipping confirmation for my kit so i know it will def be here tomorrow. Along with that i received an email with a newsletter attatchment and a stationery order for some business cards i think. Cant really make head nor tail of it if im honest lol. Have you any ideas what im on about?

monica x
  • hezza86
    hezza86 Posts: 175 Forumite
    Hey, i found it easier doing my first parties to people i knew.
    Made me more confortable. But it depends how you feel, i know ladies that prefer starngers, everyone is different.
    Hope your kit arrived ok today, make sure you check that everything is there that should be.
    The newsletter is a weekly thing, you'll get it emailed to you every week. And buisness cards are a great idea, coz it means you can hand them out to everyone and anyone who you think would either make a good consultant or someone who may want a party later in the year.

Have fun going through your kit.
    Hope this helps.

H x
  • mon1o
    yippee! My kit arrived and i got a load of stuff in it! Cant believe how much i got! Ive made up my host packs just need to print off my flyers and hand them to local businesses. Im nervous about my party tomorrow but looking forward to it at the same time. I LOVE the vitamin C collection and the coconut products and am gonna enjoy using everything!
  • gill37
    gill37 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Hi all

Can i ask if you got credit checked before being accepted for TBSH?

Gill
    :j
  • mon1o
    no i didnt get a credit check. If i had have done i would have failed miserably lol.
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Hello, if I can drop in, I´m not with Body Shop but I´ve just signed up with a similar firm. I´m itching to get started, the problem is that I don´t have many female friends, don´t work outside the home, and don´t have kids! So I´m not having much luck finding people to host parties, any ideas? Or I´ll be stuck with a kit I have to pay for and no money coming in, which is the whole point of doing this ... would be most grateful for any help ...
  • danm
    danm Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,

Can i ask how much you expect to make from this per month (and how many parties this is based on)....wife looking for ideas as she is not sure about going back to work following birth of baby

Thanks in advance
  • mon1o
    danm the average party earns you around £50 which is for 2 hours work the comission is 25% . Pm me if you would like more information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure