Income idea's for home bound girl!

Hey guys. I'm posting on behalf of my better half! (She'll prob reply saying hi herself later...)

Unfortunately she was diagnosed with depression some time ago. She's slowly but surely getting over it, but of course there are a few bumps!

She works 19hours+ (changes each week) at a retail chain which she doesnt enjoy, but needs the money. She spends a lot of time at home which ends up in lots of sleep (not good).

So I had the idea of instead of sleeping, do something to earn extra cash while trying to enjoy herself. But as I'm male, my ideas aren't too.... ideal..

Background: She's 20, plays a lot of tennis, doesn't have transport but has bus passes so can get around (but no guarentees of times due to work hours changing), has a computer and the internet, has an expensive camera and is VERY good at her photography (though a LOT of people do photography stuff these days so its hard for her to make it commercial). She does have her own online portfolio but this is an addition to her hobby rather than commercial.

So any idea's she'd love! I'll get her set up with slicethepie but only so far that can go!

Cheers MSE'RS
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
[/FONT]

Comments

• I've done a couple of searches, but can't find the thread I'm looking for, although I'm sure it was in this board.

The thread/post was about someone who made money going round and taking photos of things. I think they were adverts. If your GF has a bus pass and a camera then this could be the ideal job.

If anyone remembers it, or has done it could you please point us to the right thread.
  • bbaby_2
    bbaby_2 Posts: 328
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hia,

Not sure if this is what you were refering to geordie joe,

But I remember seeing this thread,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=576153

MercilessKiller - Hope this is of use

All the best,
  • Anymore ideas from people? :)
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    [/FONT]
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Although if she suffers from depression working alone isn't always the best thing as you can get quite introspective there are customer service jobs you can do from home taking calls.
    Check out Oliver's thread on the employment board for more info.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Ahhh that sounds a very interesting one which I'm sure she'd like! Thanks for that
    [/FONT]
  • paulag555
    paulag555 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Hey guys. I'm posting on behalf of my better half! (She'll prob reply saying hi herself later...)

Unfortunately she was diagnosed with depression some time ago. She's slowly but surely getting over it, but of course there are a few bumps!

She works 19hours+ (changes each week) at a retail chain which she doesnt enjoy, but needs the money. She spends a lot of time at home which ends up in lots of sleep (not good).

So I had the idea of instead of sleeping, do something to earn extra cash while trying to enjoy herself. But as I'm male, my ideas aren't too.... ideal..

Background: She's 20, plays a lot of tennis, doesn't have transport but has bus passes so can get around (but no guarentees of times due to work hours changing), has a computer and the internet, has an expensive camera and is VERY good at her photography (though a LOT of people do photography stuff these days so its hard for her to make it commercial). She does have her own online portfolio but this is an addition to her hobby rather than commercial.

So any idea's she'd love! I'll get her set up with slicethepie but only so far that can go!

Cheers MSE'RS

I dabbled with the idea a while ago of entering photography competitions, would also be a good boost for her if she were to win.

Also, stock photography is supposed to be quite profitable, though a bit boring to the creative and passionate photographers maybe, boring corporate pictures of people's hands and things! A search on google should give you the idea.
  • paulag555
    paulag555 Posts: 132 Forumite

Cheers MSE'RS

I dabbled with the idea a while ago of entering photography competitions, would also be a good boost for her if she were to win.

Also, stock photography is supposed to be quite profitable, though a bit boring to the creative and passionate photographers maybe, boring corporate pictures of people's hands and things! A search on google should give you the idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure