Help needed - Where can I advertise for free?

Hello everyone

I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for somewhere to advertise my new business. Reading the rules though, I can see that advertising isn't allowed on here!

From the threads people have started I notice there are loads of people looking to save money and make money, which is what my business is all about.

Does anyone know of any good internet sites where I can advertise (preferably for free!) for people looking to save money or build an additional income?

Thanks

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have always found that the only people who look at free advertising sites are people who are looking for free advertising.

The general public never visit these sites, so there's no point in advertising on them.

After all, when did you ever search for an advertising site when you were trying to buy something?

Having said that, free advertising sites MAY do your site some good by providing links to it. Search engines think the more sites that link to your site then the more popular your site is. So having a a few sites link to yours may help Don't exchange links as google is not supposed to like this.

Submit your site to the big search engines like google and yahoo.

Another trick is to comment on blogs which allow you to include your web site url. Many of them do this and the name you give then becomes a link to your web site.
  • www.adtrader.co.uk www.ukclassifieds.com
    also do a search for free advertisment and lots of things will come up!
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • Try looking for sites/blogs in the same sector as your site, but not direct competitors and see if they are prepared to swap links. I don't mean just adding your URL to a links page but an entry or writeup within the site itself. As long as your site offers useful information and isn't just a collection of affiliate links you'll usually find webmasters are receptive. If you have time linkreferral.com is worth a go. By visiting and reviewing a few sites a day, you get other people viewing and reviewing your site which not only gets you considered visitors but also quotes you can use as testimonials.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    www.adtrader.co.uk www.ukclassifieds.com
    also do a search for free advertisment and lots of things will come up!

I tried them, all I got was a load of emails from people in africa. They were offering to send me a cheque for £200 more than the sale price, and would I send £200, on the day the cheque arrives, to their brother in London who needs the cash urgently.
  • Hello everyone

I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for somewhere to advertise my new business. Reading the rules though, I can see that advertising isn't allowed on here!

From the threads people have started I notice there are loads of people looking to save money and make money, which is what my business is all about.

Does anyone know of any good internet sites where I can advertise (preferably for free!) for people looking to save money or build an additional income?

Thanks

You can put a classified ad on Ebay now for free, not sure how what the rules for advertising are and that would also depend on what type of business you are advertising???

Also have you thought about printing off some flyers, choose a design that is simple but effective. You could then drop these through doors, or pay a student a few pounds to do this for you.

:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport