Car Advertising.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I am intrested in selling advertising space on my car a peugeot 206 to get an extra income to go along with mystery shopping, internet surveys.

can anyone advise the best way of going about doing this. would it be better contacting companys direct or sign up to website's which offer this services.

Many thanks in advance for you help

Happy NewYear everyone

Comments

• Ive seen people sell advertising space on ebay maybe you could try there
    http://www.whattheheck.com/ebay/car.html
    something like this may be of help

or why not try http://cgi.ebay.com/Roaming-Advertising-Space_W0QQitemZ150198420093QQihZ005QQcategoryZ102333QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem lmao hehe
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • Mac_Sami
    Mac_Sami Posts: 277 Forumite
    I looked into this a few years ago when at Uni, but it's become more popular in the last 12 to 18 months.

There are companies who will pay you money to have adverts on your car. A quick Google of "car wraps" brings up some information, including http://www.autocarwraps.com/apply.html

However, a lot of it depends on where you drive and how often. Plus most companies advertise on highly visible vehicles, such as taxis, which are always on the go 24/7.
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    tried the autocarwraps, filled it all in then got access denied :-(
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • jet77
    jet77 Posts: 1,586 Forumite
    I just got this message when I tried:

Bad Referrer - Access Denied

The form that is trying to use this FormMail Program resides at: http://www.autocarwraps.com/apply.html, which is not allowed to access this cgi script.
    Sorry!
    JUST DO IT ONE BRICK AT A TIME
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
    Weekly Budget: groceries£50/petrol£50/Unnecesary£15
    DEBT PAID = 58% (£4,212/£8216):T
  • i did this for an old employer. Loved the idea of car advertising but wanted some control so I offered the space to my employer for £125 a month. We negotiated a years contract too so that was great. Got taxed on it and it increased my insurance a little but still made about £80 clear a month for doing nothing. Why dont you try your own employer or local busines to you. You would have to guarantee your car would be used frequently in the local area or that it is parked in a highly visible area for anyone to get anything out of it.
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have you also considered, if you're that poor that you need the money, you may live in an area where the adverts may attract unwanted attention to your car - if you get my drift, costing more in slashed tyres, kicked off mirrors etc.

I think there was a website with a company advertising this service (could be the autocarwraps one) getting people to sign up, but I don't believe anyone got anywhere with them.

I think your best chance is finding a company that can make the custom decals needed, then contact companies who may be interested, stating you only need their design/words and this will be made into a custom decal which can be approved by them. But after sending 300 letters at 40p a time (£120) and getting no interest, I think you'll get quite fed-up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure