Incorrect Claim - Help needed

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 July 2018 at 7:08PM
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Please explain how somebody who has no entitlement to benefits following a change of circumstance where they were no longer single is still entitled to claim. I'm sure we'll all be fascinated by your logic.

This poster has posted an encouragement of benefit fraud elsewhere on the forum.
    I've reported their posts, I suggest you do the same tellit01.

I really don't think it worthwhile engaging them in debate - ignore and report.

Edit: PS - Thanks NeilCr.

That other post has been partially repeated below!
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    I suggest you google:

Introductory English lessons

Jeremy Kyle applications

How to make jail fun!
  • JoCha
    JoCha Posts: 42 Forumite
    As others have said, I think it's best to confess, tell them that you are honestly sorry and offer to make repayment - that way they will hopefully not be so hard on you. But if they find out first, they are going to come after you as having committed fraud and the consequences of that can be very unpleasant - even prison in some cases.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    This poster has posted an encouragement of benefit fraud elsewhere on the forum.
    I've reported their posts, I suggest you do the same tellit01.

Done before I saw you suggesting it. :D
  • NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    And me... :D
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    Done before I saw you suggesting it.

Good man.

AH
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Newbie1982
    Newbie1982 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Now the dust has settled a bit I can explain further.... I am not the lady claiming, my name is Mark, I am the partner. My apologies, I wanted a no holds barred opinion of what has occurred so i thought the best way to understand it all was to put the post up from my partners perspective. Thank you all for the feedback, I now now that I made the right decision to walk away.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Newbie1982 wrote: »
    Now the dust has settled a bit I can explain further.... I am not the lady claiming, my name is Mark, I am the partner. My apologies, I wanted a no holds barred opinion of what has occurred so i thought the best way to understand it all was to put the post up from my partners perspective. Thank you all for the feedback, I now now that I made the right decision to walk away.

But are you going to report her?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Newbie1982
    Newbie1982 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2018 at 2:26PM
    Not sure, I'm not a malicious person, and to be fair there's that many people in the loop now someone else will probably blow the whistle.

I'll be honest, i'm a bit worried about how all this effects me. I only found out a couple of months ago that she was still claiming, this kicked off a few arguments about money that led to me calling it a day. At the end of one argument she cancelled her claim saying her partner had moved in. she then submitted a new claim a week after id gone saying her partner had moved out. Given that my work, bank, car insurance, credit cards ect all know i lived there I'm stumped as to how she got away with it.
  • WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    My post isn't a joke, I'm struggling sleeping at the moment. I should have cancelled this long ago, i know I've done wrong.

Then the reveal
    I am not the lady claiming, my name is Mark, I am the partner. My apologies, I wanted a no holds barred opinion of what has occurred

We are encouraged here not to be judgmental so opinions don't come into it.

What about the children who for 7 years have seen you are some sort of role model? What would their "no holds barred opinion" be now? What would they think later?
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure