Asda price guarantee vouchers queries

Comments

• Hi

Does anyone know if the APG vouchers can still be used on the self service tills and if so whats the process?

Many thanks
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi

Does anyone know if the APG vouchers can still be used on the self service tills and if so whats the process?

Many thanks
    Has worked okay in the past , but last time I tried ( at beginning of December ) it didnt work and had to get assistance.
  • i always have to get staff now. i wonder if a staff person put me on a 'bad' list.

I am confused cos Tesco vouchers can only be used once. I accidentally tried one twice and it was rejected 2nd time ('already used').

Meanwhile asda/walmart don't seem to have the ability to notice a voucher has been used, or so they say.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi

Many thanks

Recently tried and even the attendant couldn't do it. She had to just key it in as a voucher (even keying in the APG bar code didn't work) and get a supervisor to authorise it because it was over £2.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I find needing a staff member to authorise any APG on self scan is a PITA. I normally go through a manned till or 'pretend; I forgot to pick up an item and go to the kiosk instead.

Tesco, I scanned £15.50 of coupons without any help from the assitants - three coupons.
  • Julia9CA
    Julia9CA Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 February 2018 at 9:29PM
    Hi, I tried in Asda store today to use my second-ever printed voucher. It was for 95p and I went to a till with a cashier with voucher and original receipt in hand.

Cashier rang my purchases through the till, read and entered through the bar code number on my original receipt, and then scanned my voucher. Seemed like it worked, but then money for voucher didnt come off total. I looked at the new receipt the cashier handed me and it said APG -0.95, but then it said Voided Entry 0.95. I asked the cashier why the voucher amount hadnt come off the price and she said she couldnt do anything about it, pay up the full amount and take it to Customer Services for them to sort out a refund for 0.95.

I went to Customer Services, explained what happened. They went over to the till and came back with a manager who said the voucher was automatically voided, they didnt know what was wrong with the voucher, but they couldnt help me.

Has anyone had this happen with a voucher printed directly the Asda website? As this is only the second voucher Ive ever used with Asda, Im bit disappointed with them, to say the least!
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I can never find vouchers at the Asda I visit - where do people find them?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I can never find vouchers at the Asda I visit - where do people find them?

You arent looking for vouchers , you are looking for discarded receipts.
    You then need to enter the receipt barcode number into
    https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/
    to see how much it is worth. Print the voucher from the website and take it with the original receipt to get money off next shop.
  • dlusman wrote: »
    You arent looking for vouchers , you are looking for discarded receipts.
    You then need to enter the receipt barcode number into
    https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/
    to see how much it is worth. Print the voucher from the website and take it with the original receipt to get money off next shop.

Sorry yes I meant receipts (discarded receipts). I regularly look in trollies and round the car park on the way back to the car but rarely find any.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Sorry yes I meant receipts (discarded receipts). I regularly look in trollies and round the car park on the way back to the car but rarely find any.
    That's because people are taking thier receipts home to check them out to see if they have got any cashback. Doh! :)
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income