Asda price guarantee vouchers queries

Options
hi all
I have recently started wombling other peoples asda receipts but have already reached my limit of 10 per calendar month. Yesterday i found a couple that I have checked today and they have got about £5 on them, i tried to print them off but keep getting a message "Unfortunately, you can't claim this voucher as your household has already made 10 claims this month. Please try again next month."

does this mean i have to wait until 1st Aug before i can print these off?

thanks

Comments

• ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    Options
    No, just register again with a different email and password.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
  • ByteZine
    ByteZine Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    site says you need to bring the old receipt ?
    Is this a new rule ?
    I don't recall needing this in the past. (only used about 3 times)
    also I had to sign up, which in the past I didn't.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You always had to show the receipt with the voucher.
  • ByteZine
    ByteZine Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    ok thanks

I only started using recently.
    perhaps they let people off with their 1st voucher, as I dont recall bringing the old receipt (at self checkout) or signing up.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    jon81uk wrote: »
    You always had to show the receipt with the voucher.

except for a brief spell recently when you didn't :p
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Sparhawke
    Sparhawke Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    Options
    You have around 28 days from the time of receipt to printing it out then I think a further three weeks, what you are best doing is if you get a load then rank then from most to least, no point wasting a spot on a 17p voucher if you could use it on a £3 one ;)

What I am considering doing is getting around this 10 per household limit too when I get enough, I hate restrictions that serve to just stifle you.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    ajbell wrote: »
    No, just register again with a different email and password.

Unfortunately, it then says that this voucher has been claimed by another account. It happened to me :(
  • simesb
    simesb Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Since an 'update' around 10 days ago, at my local Asda, all my best-quality-printed APG vouchers are being rejected (unknown barcode) on the self service checkouts, and I have to seek assistance.
    It could be this is deliberate rejection since APG vouchers and self service have always been an unholy marriage for Asda staff, even viewed with suspicion for some reason.
    I know of one store where the deposit slot on the self service checkouts for used APG vouchers are deliberately blocked up for the same reason.
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    simesb wrote: »
    Since an 'update' around 10 days ago, at my local Asda, all my best-quality-printed APG vouchers are being rejected (unknown barcode) on the self service checkouts, and I have to seek assistance.
    It could be this is deliberate rejection since APG vouchers and self service have always been an unholy marriage for Asda staff, even viewed with suspicion for some reason.
    I know of one store where the deposit slot on the self service checkouts for used APG vouchers are deliberately blocked up for the same reason.

my local asda is superstore, and prior to using this store I went to a superstore in a different part of the city - they always have problems with the vouchers ... always have and probably always will.
    at the end of the day its money off from your previous shop (or someone elses shop if you womble like I do!) ... just ignore any attitude or comments and claim your money off. if theres a queue I may smile and apologise for keeping people waiting but not usually.
    regarding the values, i dont log in to check the receipt, and just jot on the top of the receipt the value then when I use them for my end of month shop I print off the most valuable ... or like others have said, just open another account - I used a different email address and used my mums home address ... she didn't shop at asda, and I opt out of the mailing so no problems. just use the vouchers from each account on different days so theres no problem. I also pay cash with the vouchers ... for no particular reason, only that my end of the month shop is usually made up from vouchers and £1, £2 & 50p coins I save from the first 3 or 4 weeks change ... (im a nurse and single parent to 3 teens so when its a 5 week month before payday, things are tight by the end of week 4!!)

as a ps to the wombling .. the best one I found gave a voucher for £9.14!!
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Used my first APG voucher today. After I'd said that I'd like to have my receipt back, the assistant scanned it (but didn't write on it). Is this how they now prevent repeat usage of a voucher?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure