IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of Claim Recieved- BW Legal

Options
Hi in 2012 my partner and I parked in a car park for P&O ferries operated by Premier Parking Solutions and received a parking fine.

You had to display both parts of the ticket in the windscreen as the one ticket on its own didn't actually show the expiration time. I cannot remember if we did show both (I only know both were needed as googling brought up another thread in the same car park). To me knowledge we never had a response to the appeal.

At the time I emailed an appeal (naively)- I wasn't driving and I wasn't the registered keeper.
I do know that at the time we paid the full amount for the parking to be valid and I still have photos of the tickets.

I would like advice on where to go from here, should I just pay this now as i really don't want a CCJ against my name. Or can I request all the information that BW Legal have on the case prior to me responding?

Thanks

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is this Hull?

Also BW don't usually work with PPS so check to see if it is BW acting as debt collectors.
  • zoe_h2004
    zoe_h2004 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Hull and definitely BW Legal acting on behalf of BW Legal. Letter is titled Letter or claim
  • System
    Options
    Hull should be Associated British Ports and covered by Byelaws so search the site. Also it appears P&O can help.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5794414&highlight=hull#10
  • zoe_h2004
    Options
    Thanks but isn't it a tad late to get P&O Ferries to now step in and help?

Also just noticed that the Vehicle registration on the letter is written wrong, it has a 1 rather than a I, does this help me?
  • System
    Options
    Thanks but isn't it a tad late to get P&O Ferries to now step in and help?

You'll only know when you call them.

And even then you'll only know when they explain why they think they can't help. They clearly can, so an explanation of why they can't help (after you have asked) can be debated - when we know the outcome.
  • zoe_h2004
    Options
    Ok thank you. I have emailed them requesting help as unable to call whilst at work.

In the meantime have I messed up by appealing in my name at the very beginning and does the incorrect reg make any difference?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    In whose name did you submit the appeal, did you receive a notice to driver or notice to keeper? Incorrect reg is usually covered by de minimis non curat lex (the law does not concern itself with thrifles). You will only get a CCJ against you if you go to court and lose and then fail to pay as instructed by a judge.
  • zoe_h2004
    Options
    I submitted the appeal in my name. I don't recall ever receiving any notice. I don't have any of the paperwork relating to this ticket, I either binned it thinking it had gone away or have never received anything.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    zoe_h2004 wrote: »
    I don't recall ever receiving any notice.
    Why then did you appeal? What has caused you to open this thread, have you received further letters from debt collectors or a letter before claim or a letter from Northampton Court business centre
  • zoe_h2004
    edited 10 July 2018 at 4:45PM
    Options
    I appealed in December 2012 immediately after receiving the ticket as I didn't understood why we had ever got a ticket and thought it should have easily been removed (I didn't do any research). I do not have record of ever having received a response regarding the appeal I submitted. I've opened this thread as BW Legal have now sent me a Letter of Claim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure