2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was watching your game BenBen, my OH asked me who I wanted to win (since despite supporting Bristol City I am from Worthing which is very close to Brighton) and I said 'I know it should be Brighton but one of my MSE friend's supports Bournemouth and I don't want them to be upset... :D
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Aww thankyou Florence :D:D It wasn't a great game at all, we've got several players out injured at the moment and it showed. It was all a bit lethargic and certainly not a classic, but all points count ;)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    So day one of the new year done and it's time for my 3 reasons to be thankful ...

• Bournemouth got a point away from home
    • A very enjoyable pj day!
    • Payments have been made to my brothers fund and my 2018 fund today and it's been a nsd!

Tomorrow is back to school day for both of us so it isn't a particularly happy household right now, but I'm sure it will all go fine. I've had my bath and got into bed nice and early with the laptop. It will be nice to see colleagues again tomorrow.
  • benbenandme
    Hello all, I survived the first day back, I had a rubbish nights sleep last night and did that stupid thing of trying to have an early night and then kept tossing and turning until gone 1am :o Anyway, the day went fine and it's one day nearer to the weekend :D

After work I nipped to Sainsburys as despite buying all that reduced stuff the other day I forgot to get anything out of the freezer this morning. I got ds a pizza and I'll have something on toast (had a cooked lunch at work, paid for by them). I also picked up a couple of items that were free on checkoutsmart; 4 organic stock cubes (£1.80) and a bag of stevia sugar (£4.20:eek:) so £6.00 worth of freebies there ;)

Thank you to whoever the kind person was who used my shopmium referral code, that's another £4 added into my account there :T :T

I am nearly at my swagbucks target for today too, so tonight should hopefully be a relaxed affair with some dinner, a bath and an early night with a little laptop mooching chucked in somewhere too :)
  • benbenandme
    My December daily target bonus is in for Swagbucks (593) and it's meant I can claim another £5 paypal already :j So that's £10 in 2 days, woohoo!! it will slow down now but it's been a great start :T
  • benbenandme
    £12 profit from a games offer :beer:
  • benbenandme
    My three reasons to be thankful today are:

• Neither of us overslept today on our first day back ;)
    • I used a yummy bar of aromatherapy soap in the bath that I was given for Christmas and now I smell clean
    • The lady who sits opposite me at work brought in all the quality street that don't get eaten in their house for me ... the orange and strawberry creams :) The best two in there!!
  • I also only eat the strawberry and orange creams in quality street.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • benbenandme
    So today has been rather uneventful but I'm fine with that, in fact I kinda like these sort of days. all rather run of the mill, nothing unexpected happened, it all ticked along nicely and it's chilling-after-my-bath time in our house again :)

My 3 reasons to be thankful today are:

• Today was a nsd
    • I had a lovely thank you card from a parent today, rather rare in our job but hugely appreciated :)
    • I got 70 sb's for the quickest survey ever on Swagbucks, it literally was about 4 questions and got me to my daily target super quick
  • benbenandme
    Today was another normal day at work, after school ds and I went shopping as he has been growing again and literally nothing fits him :( Anyway, he settled on a new hoodie, he doesn't cope with shopping for long so we will do it in bits. £40 for his hoodie but it is very nice and he does live in them, so definitely gets the value from them.

I also spent £7 on a pair of black heels for me, in the sale, I'm going out on saturday night for a friends birthday and needed some heels but didn't want to spend much. They are very plain black heels but will be fine with black jeans and certainly didn't break the bank :money:

In other news I have been accepted for a campaign with carquids ... basically they fix some adverts to my car for a local estate agent, they stay on for 2 months and they pay me £110 ;) Happy days, it doesn't inconvenience me and it's easy money :T I have the ads fitted on Saturday 13th :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family