ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    However, am I wrong in thinking that all calls are recorded and that you would be entitled to a copy of that recording?
    If that is what you have been told on many occasions, you have the time and date of the calls in which you were told that lie, then you would add such info in a complaint to the ombudsman, and ask them to refer to the calls because i think the ombudsman can demand such info. I dont know if you can request it for for your own use, but if you did, i would love to see a transcript of such things, or here a recoding of it posted online for us all to have a giggle at...
  • BorderReiver14
    Options
    erudioed wrote: »
    If that is what you have been told on many occasions, you have the time and date of the calls in which you were told that lie, then you would add such info in a complaint to the ombudsman, and ask them to refer to the calls because i think the ombudsman can demand such info. I dont know if you can request it for for your own use, but if you did, i would love to see a transcript of such things, or here a recoding of it posted online for us all to have a giggle at...

I know of at least one case of an insurance company that mis-sold cover and they (true to their word) posted out a copy of the phone conversation on a CD. If a business is recording calls then I am sure there is an obligation to a) tell you at the start the call is recorded b) make a copy available should a dispute occur. Not sure on the exact regulations though.
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Arrow Global have a habit of losing or claim they never made the recordings they warn you about if they are incriminating against them. Erudio their child of satan is not likely to be different.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • Jonez
    Jonez Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Seems that claiming to have lost stuff is a ploy often used by Erudio. Question I've asked before - if they receive items of paperwork and they subsequently claim they did not, they must be; a) keeping it on file or; b) destroying it? If it's a - then they must surely be ignoring data protection laws, because if you subsequently ask for copies of everything they have on file they would be obliged to supply things that they claim not to have received? Or am I reading the DP laws incorrectly?
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Capita, who are operating all the frontline prisoner contact services, are famous for their terrible service standards and operations, as evidenced recently when a number of councils, including Liverpool i think, stopped using them because they were dreadful. As someone on another forum noted, Private Eye ran an article on them a few years back, renaming them Crapita!
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    erudioed wrote: »
    Capita, who are operating all the frontline prisoner contact services, are famous for their terrible service standards and operations, as evidenced recently when a number of councils, including Liverpool i think, stopped using them because they were dreadful. As someone on another forum noted, Private Eye ran an article on them a few years back, renaming them Crapita!

Capita are infamous! They are sending John Lewis down the pan:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/jan/31/john-lewis-customer-services-digital-age

'Has outsourcing played a part in the group’s declining standards? In March John Lewis announced a five-year contract with outsourcing group Capita to provide online aftercare from a contact centre in Glasgow. Around 500 staff were moved over from a company called Teleperformance which used to manage the service that Capita now provides. The contract is worth £93.5m.'
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Pluthero wrote: »
    Capita are infamous! They are sending John Lewis down the pan:
    Bad move by John Lewis, but Capita/Arrow Global/Erudio has to be the perfect partnership!
  • Amanda4242
    Options
    Good Morning to all
    I have had my first deferment forms from Erudio with DD mandate on the front. Am I right after reading back over 5 pages that I shouldn't sign this? Shall I just ask for the new forms or ask my employer to fill in a blank piece of paper with my signature on?

Also do I absolutely HAVE to provide them with details of 'other benefits' i.e. child tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit, council tax benefit?? Previously with SLC as like others on here I only provided details of my monthly salary with 3 wage slips. It seems a bit of a cheek that they are now taking benefits into account!
    If they do then I am screwed as it takes me just over the threshold :( Any advice welcome :)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 463 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 4 February 2015 at 10:41AM
    Options
    Amanda4242 wrote: »
    Good Morning to all
    I have had my first deferment forms from Erudio with DD mandate on the front. Am I right after reading back over 5 pages that I shouldn't sign this? Shall I just ask for the new forms or ask my employer to fill in a blank piece of paper with my signature on?

Also do I absolutely HAVE to provide them with details of 'other benefits' i.e. child tax credits, child benefit, housing benefit, council tax benefit?? Previously with SLC as like others on here I only provided details of my monthly salary with 3 wage slips. It seems a bit of a cheek that they are now taking benefits into account!
    If they do then I am screwed as it takes me just over the threshold :( Any advice welcome :)

As the Govt claimed about the sell off the loan terms have not changed!

So send exactly the info you have the SLC in the past! You are under no legal obligation to use erudios DAF! However you will have to fight theM for a long time if you use your own form! They are going to court shortly over it so things may change!

No need to fill in the DD if you are not going to repay!
    Good luck!
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Amanda4242 wrote: »
    There was always space on SLC's DAF for those types of benefits to be declared. There's a copy of SLC's deferment processing manual here, which has details of all types of income that counted when assessing the deferment application:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/assessment_of_deferment_applicat#incoming-562041

If your benefits take you over the threshold, would it be possible to have e.g. the Child Benefit paid to your partner instead?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback