what Anglian water tariff?

I'm in need of a little advice, I'm trying to help a family member with their money as they haven't changed suppliers in years to find a cheaper deal.

At the moment they are on a standard tariff but after having looked on the Anglian water website I noticed they were entitled to the water sure tariff. Which I thought was the better deal as there is not a cubic meter usage charge just a standard charge.
http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/your-account/bills-and-payments/tariffs/watersure/

But when I came back a week later I was told that Anglian water had said that although they were entitled to the watersure tariff they suggest the aquacare plus tariff as it has a better deal.
http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/your-account/bills-and-payments/tariffs/aquacare-plus/

I have had another look but I still think the watersure tariff is more beneficial.

Am I on the right lines and get them to pursue the watersure tariff?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    UltraSoul wrote: »
    I'm in need of a little advice, I'm trying to help a family member with their money as they haven't changed suppliers in years to find a cheaper deal.

At the moment they are on a standard tariff but after having looked on the Anglian water website I noticed they were entitled to the water sure tariff. Which I thought was the better deal as there is not a cubic meter usage charge just a standard charge.
    http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/your-account/bills-and-payments/tariffs/watersure/

But when I came back a week later I was told that Anglian water had said that although they were entitled to the watersure tariff they suggest the aquacare plus tariff as it has a better deal.
    http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/household/your-account/bills-and-payments/tariffs/aquacare-plus/

I have had another look but I still think the watersure tariff is more beneficial.

Am I on the right lines and get them to pursue the watersure tariff?

Firstly they cannot change supplier.

Which tariff is best depends on how much water they use.

The standard tariff has £116 in fixed standing charges. Watersure has £426 in fixed charges and aquacare £244.

If you know the amount of water they use it is simple arithmetic to work out which is cheapest. Very low consumption would be better on the standard tariff, very high consumption better on watersure.
  • Thanks for your reply Cardew,
    I may have confused you slightly. I had meant they had never changed suppliers from any of their accounts including electric and gas suppliers and have had a standard tariff for years.

Due to a health condition and there being 3 young children under 16 in the house there is a high amount of water being used. I am going to contact anglian water and find out the previous meter readings.

I was just a little concerned when I was told that anglian water had said there would be no difference between being on the watersure and the aquacare tariff. When even you have said
    Watersure has £426 in fixed charges and aquacare £244

From my understanding what anglian water means is that on the aquacare tariff there is the standing charge then including the amount of water that is used, the price per cubic meter would make the bill equal to what they would have charged if they were on the watersure tariff.

So with that in mind if in one month they used more water than normal on the watersure tariff the bill amount would stay the same but if they used less they would have paid more of what they have used. But there would be peace of mind that the bill would stay the same.
    Where as on the aquacare tariff the bill would fluctuate depending on how much water they are using.

I'll explain it to them and see what tariff they would prefer.

And now that I have written it down, I have noticed that I have kind of answered my own question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure