The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• smiley_77
    smiley_77 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all. Hello new thread
    Cathybird
    Good news about the laptop. I hate technology-it always seems to be hatching a plan to work against me somehow!

22/30 for me for July and I am going for 31/31 for August. I have planned a few more 10k to do so that should help me keep on the wagon. It is still a challenge to not drink with boyfriend sat drinking away at the side of me. The fact that no one in my friends or family think there is any need for me to give up is quite difficult and like I've previously said some are downright rude and suspicious.

Well I'm doing it anyway so there! Off for my run because I'm not hungover!
    Do I really need it? Probably not.:A
  • Morning,

I've not done this for a while now, but willing to give it a go again.

Starting small, please can you put me down for 10 this month. Anything over will be a bonus :)

Thanks

Pmo2
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 August 2017 at 11:12AM
    Lovely shiny new thread! Thanks Shaggy! And thanks for my lovely congratulatory post; much appreciated.

Wierd, CathyBird, how quickly threatening to take back the computer led to a revised assessment. Well done on taking back the computer and control. I'm sure you'll have done a back up now .... Must get round to doing one myself.
    smiley_77 wrote: »
    31/31 for August. I have planned a few more 10k to do so that should help me keep on the wagon. It is still a challenge to not drink with boyfriend sat drinking away at the side of me. The fact that no one in my friends or family think there is any need for me to give up is quite difficult and like I've previously said some are downright rude and suspicious.

Well I'm doing it anyway so there! Off for my run because I'm not hungover!

It really doesn't matter what other people think about your drinking, Smiley. It's what you think about it that's important, and if you think it's impacting negatively on your life then it's time to act, isn't it? No one ever knew I used to pour myself a very generous glass while I was doing the washing up, or a number of other things I used to be aware I was doing sort of in secret. And I hated what I'd become.

Good luck with August.
    I've not done this for a while now, but willing to give it a go again.

Welcome back Purple Mum! :wave:

30/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • 22/25 for me please

Happy new thread. Welcome purple Mum:wave:

I am Missing target by 1 day. But at least 2 of the days just involved 1 glass. And one was a glass of wine with a friend who is having a hard time and rarely drinks but wanted to have a drink so although not perfect massively improved on what came before.
    Thank you everyone for contributing and sharing.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • PriceySOS
    PriceySOS Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    22 total for July, pls Shaggy, ta. And target of 22 for August please, thanks very much!
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Declaring early for tonight so finishing July on 16/12 please Shaggy
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all, 28/21 for me please.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    31/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks so much for starting the new thread Shaggy and thanks for all you do for us (especially the smileys). It really is appreciated.:T:T:T

I think you're doing marvellously well smiley especially as you're not getting encouragement from family and friends. We all know that a bit of support helps enormously which is why the thread is so good.:)

Last AF day for July today although I've no plans to drink until Friday. It'll be good to get August off to a good start.:)

15 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    19/20 for July
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts