Mortgage Audit Bureau

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If the chances of success are so high, why are they:

1 - not using the free of charge complaints process
    2 - why are they charging upfront fees

If they have identified failings, why haven't the FCA taken action (as they have with other lenders where CCA failings have been recognised). In those cases, the lenders were required to contact the people directly and pay redress. No CMC involved or paid for.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tillboy wrote: »
    Sadly certain responses which sound too good to be true quite probably are.

It will (still be) a con.
  • Blue_Day
    Blue_Day Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 22 March 2018 at 9:31PM
    Glad I found this thread - seems tillboy has had similar dealings to myself with MAB.

I filled the forms in a couple of weeks ago and have just received the email saying we are eligible for a claim (hence me searching on here for any advice). Have been told the solicitors will get in touch to arrange an appointment. My guess is, from the content of the email, I will have to sign an agreement to pay them 30% of any monies recovered. I asked how much we were looking at and again they said the solicitors would have the figure for me, but as an aside they did say the solicitors dont usually go ahead with claims if under £10,000.

So we shall see, Ill keep you informed
  • The 30 % will only cover the base cost, i have requested the audited report which has nearly taken two weeks by issuing a subject access request, i personally think there is no claim or figures stating over 10 k in over payments including interest etc, and they will submit a false claim against the lender and charge us !!!8220; the above the base cost!!!8221;which will be in the hundreds if not thousands and you would of signed the paper work by sending it back to Allison!!!8217;s to find out how much you think you are owed. I personally think it!!!8217;s a scam but will update when I have the audited accounts on Monday so they say !!!
  • Any further news on the claims being handled by Mortgage Audit Bureau? - Im wondering whether I should I go ahead with mine.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Any further news on the claims being handled by Mortgage Audit Bureau? - Im wondering whether I should I go ahead with mine.
    Have you read this thread at all?
    :eek:
  • Yes I have read the thread... thanks for the condescending reply! - its mostly made up of people who have no experience of dealing with the company but who are making assumptions..the couple of members who have started with claims with mortgage audit bureau are yet to post what the outcome was - this is what I was asking about.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    It's a variation of the PPI claim company

Up front fee

30% commission

They scatter gun with letters in the hope that maybe you have a case. (They have no "special software " or insider access)

So as in PPI claims

You can make the claim yourself

You don't need to pay 30%

There is a very slim chance you have a claim , as pointed out there is NO current proof that this is a big problem (if it's a problem at all)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 April 2018 at 10:48AM
    the couple of members who have started with claims with mortgage audit bureau are yet to post what the outcome was - this is what I was asking about.
    There are no assumptions. It's a scam. Those who have posted that they have used the company (on this and other threads) have universally said that their "complaint" came to nothing, but they still had to pay in excess of £800 for a "mortgage assessment".

I'm now wondering if this thread keeps getting bumped by random first time posters to keep the name of the company at the top of the forum?

I notice posts by "Gym Swerver" that I partly quoted are now deleted...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I notice posts by "Gym Swerver" that I partly quoted are now deleted...
    oh yes. Every single post he made on this thread is gone.

He was very pro their service. Guess it didnt work out.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure