The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Comments

• Bufger
    Bufger Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    The cheese twists are great and easy to do. Mix it up and put some marmite on some, honey on others etc. Makes a really nice snack! Another good one for little ones is Pitta Pizza's. They are also lower fat - just get some wholewheat pittas and put them in the toaster, afterwards put some tomato puree on them and add cheese and any toppings you want then grill them for a couple of mins. Literally takes 7 minutes and my kids love helping me make them. Costs next to nothing :)
    MFW - <£90k
    All other debts cleared thanks to the knowledge gained from this wonderful website and its users!
  • fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 269 Forumite
    Good Luck with your journey:)
    Jan 2013-£140,231.65
    Jan 2014-£120,081.94
  • ShelleyC_2
    ShelleyC_2 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Good luck. And wanted to say I love your name :D

(especially with butter and marmite:rotfl:)
    Looking for the perfect home and saving to make becoming a MFW easier
    MFiT3 48103/50000 Saved So Far :j
  • Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Evening all, so lovely to have so many people pop over to my diary, thank you:D

Thanks Shelleyc :D I love crumpets and agree with you about the marmite...my dh loathes the stuff though so I make sure I give him a big sloppy kiss after I've eaten the stuff:rotfl:

Bufger thank you for the tip about the snacks and the pitta pizzas, I've done naan bread pizzas before but not pittas, will add some to the shopping list:beer:

Well the two little ones are in bed and am just waiting for dd1 to return home from Brownies then the evening will be my own. Not that I'm planning much, catching up with ironing in front of the tv with a little bit of chocolate as a reward:D

Well I didn't go shopping this afternoon so that job can be pushed over to tomorrow. I did however make the cheese twists, except they're not twisty:rotfl: they're cheese straws but I'm sure they'll go down well in the lunch boxes tomorrow. And they didn't cost me a thing as I had all the ingredients in:money:

I did however break the lid thing on my food processor that I was considering selling so that's made my mind up for me. It's still useable luckily:o

I'm also scouring eBay for costumes for me and dh for a fancy dress party that we're going to next weekend. I was going to go for a proper costume but my frugality won out and I'm going to put one together using stuff that we have and eBay/charity shop bargains. We're going as cowboy/girl so should be quite simple:A

That's it for now

Crumpets x
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • Crumpets
    Well what started as a slow morning ending up quite a busy and productive day. Firstly I overslept which is not good when I have packed lunches to make and children to drop off at various places:mad: I really need to get in the routine of making packed lunches the night before, it's something to work on:o

Then I went shopping to A!di and managed to spend £60:eek: I was shocked at this actually because the only meat I bought was a pack of bacon. I did spend £8 on Nappies and I brought a bottle of wine though so I guess that explains some of the over spend. It's a good job I have a well stocked freezer at the moment.

I then spent a lovely afternoon in the garden with ds and dd2, picked some radishes from the veg patch and ended up mowing the lawn so all in all a good day. I also picked some rhubarb from the garden, does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do with it? I can only think of crumble and it's too warm for that:p

Our car also went in for it's MOT today and failed on 4 points:eek: not surprised though really as it's pretty old it's not our main car, just what mr C uses as a run about for work. It also had a major service so all in will cost about £450 all in. It's all budgeted for thank goodness:T

Other than the car and the shopping no other spends for me, mr C took ds for a biscuit in the cafe at morissons after dropping the car off do a LSD for him:T

I'm helping my friend in her shop this weekend and next so more for the op pot:T also means I get to be me for a couple of days instead of mommy:rotfl: so I'm looking forward to that
  • Crumpets
    Morning:)

I've just been having a quick mooch whilst having my morning cuppa and i've come across the £1 a day challenge, this really appeals to me so I'm definitely going to give this a try for this month and see how I get on.:T

Crumpets x
  • Morning Crumpets and welcome! :)
    Sounds like you have some fab savings already and I like your list of things to do to save money (Im a big list fan so may even steal the idea of a list from ya! :rotfl:)
    Food shopping seems to be harder and harder to budget for I find - I don't know if its that food prices have gone up hugely or if I am getting less frugal/careful but I hear your pain!! I do find inspiration on the eating out of the freezer/cupboards thread on the food shopping board- but haven't delurked there for a while now!

Like the £1 a day challenge idea too - I may have to sign up for that! :)
  • SAVVYMUMMY_2
    SAVVYMUMMY_2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Good morning Crumpets:hello:, just wanted to pop by and say good luck on your MF journey. You`ve made a fantastic start already.
    Grocery Challenge 2013: July week 1 £90/£87.41 :D
    week 2 £90.00/£118.38:eek: week 3 £90/£60.54:jweek4 £90/£79.90 week5 £45/£00
    End of mortgage april 2030
    Mortgage overpayment from june 2013 aiming for £400 a month: £451
    Emergency fund 2013 from june £70
  • Crumpets
    Morning all:)

Early get up and go for me this morning. Got to be out the house in 10 minutes to go and help with my friends shop, it's going to be a long day but should be good fun. Everyone else is still asleep and I'm really relishing having my first cup of tea of the day in peace and quiet:rotfl:

Yesterday ended up quite a spendy day, I had a 15% off voucher for homeb@se so i got the paint for the fence, some of the bargain 49p mugs:money: and some sand for the sand pit. We have the 'house fund' where the money will come from for this. Also bought dd2 her very own cycle helmet and bell for her bike. As she's having a hand me down bike the least we can do is get her some nice accessories:) she must be following in my frugal ways though as she chose a very smart red helmet that was £9.99 rather than the character which were £19.99. T

Right got to scoot

Crumpets x
  • tootoo
    tootoo Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck on your mf journey :)
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories