PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Comments

• pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2014 at 2:01PM
    Great info thanks for that.

Can someone tell me if it's true that four of the top car manufacturers were on the missing plane, I can't find anything in the news.

PiC x
    Freescale a high tech company had 20 of its employees on the plane.
    The Sorcha Faal misinformation site 'beforeitsnews' is the only place where I have seen cars mentioned specifically but Freescale has fingers in many pies (including cars)
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140308005022/en/Freescale-Semiconductor-Employees-Confirmed-Passengers-Malaysia-Airlines
    There has been speculation - particularly on conspiracy sites - whether they were the target on account of their electronics expertise
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-airlines-plane-mh370-latest-conspiracy-theory-were-freescale-semiconductor-top-employees-1440097
    But aviation forums rate the theory way down on the list of a zillion other theories.
  • craigywv wrote: »
    Hi, yes the only things I did take cuttings of we're black currants and raspberries,the bc I took 2of and one has started to bud which is a promising sign the other one is not as strong looking but still shows signs of life I hoping for extra bc this year as really want to make and freeze, think it was Lynn said I could freeze it black currant cordial. I always seem to yield about 8 to 10 jars from my bushes I already have jam that is lol i forgot to say what it was,also have 6 from last year and .2 massive containers in one of the freezers of berries. My raspberries are onto their fifth or sixth year they never fail me they are really big already so here's hoping for a big amount again this year. I think I might have plums this year from tree as its also grew like crazy. I can live in hope.xxx
    Hi craigywv, can I ask what you do to your raspberries to get them to flourish please? Mine are pathetic. I've fed them with manure and kept them watered, the ground is reasonably drained, I've tried moving them to a sunnier site, nothing seems to make any difference :(
    Any tips much appreciated!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    scrappies will buy car batteries from you
    Work to live= not live to work
  • paidinchickens
    paidinchickens Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    pineapple wrote: »
    Freescale a high tech company had 20 of its employees on the plane.
    The Sorcha Faal misinformation site 'beforeitsnews' is the only place where I have seen cars mentioned specifically but Freescale has fingers in many pies (including cars)
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140308005022/en/Freescale-Semiconductor-Employees-Confirmed-Passengers-Malaysia-Airlines
    There has been speculation - particularly on conspiracy sites - whether they were the target on account of their electronics expertise
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-airlines-plane-mh370-latest-conspiracy-theory-were-freescale-semiconductor-top-employees-1440097
    But aviation forums rate the theory way down on the list of a zillion other theories.

It gets stranger and stranger doesn't it? The poor relatives having to resort to hunger strikes it's just terrible.

PiC x
  • Frugalsod
    Frugalsod Posts: 2,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes the whole missing plane incident is bizarre.

Well my kitchen scales need new batteries so thinking I was prepared, only to discover I was missing a complete set I ended up having to order a set of rechargeables. Last year I opted for chargeable batteries and gradually have been replacing all my batteries as I need them. It took it as an opportunity to get my LED lantern and also a great 3D LED maglite torch with camoflage effect. Perfect for a SHTF moment

51sCbL35kLL._SL1100_.jpg
    It's really easy to default to cynicism these days, since you are almost always certain to be right.
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Hi craigywv, can I ask what you do to your raspberries to get them to flourish please? Mine are pathetic. I've fed them with manure and kept them watered, the ground is reasonably drained, I've tried moving them to a sunnier site, nothing seems to make any difference :(
    Any tips much appreciated!
    hi, I ignore them, I don't fuss just leave them be,plenty of water and sun and that's it. my sister is a qualified landscape gardner thing tree surgeon etc... and she cuts hers down every year and gets a pathetic return on them, I gave up even cutting them down and I get a great load every year. she cant understand this my motto is if it aint broke don't fix it. maybe just let them do their own thing as they would in the wild and see what happens hth xxxx I am no big gardener just a potterer so will prob get grilled for doing that once a proper gardener comes along.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Very interesting you mention that Craig, I have some as well, some I cut back and others I let go au natural... The au natural ones tend to do better than the cut back ones, living oop northward we get lots of rain, I make sure though that they get a huge soaking once a week

Not sure if that helps or even fuels the discussion but thought I should say :-)
  • craigywv
    elantan I glad you mentioned as I thought it was just me.............can now ignore them without feeling guilty.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    93E0918D-89F4-4CEF-BB39-DC03D05902F5_zpsxxt30toe.jpg

Have been slowly working my way through the thread and gathering information ... Some one mentioned a while back a lodge Dutch oven, having just bought ourselves some stoves I thought this a great wee idea to add

Today I'm cooking our first meal on the stove :)
    Thankyou who ever suggested it :)
  • craigywv
    elantan wrote: »
    93E0918D-89F4-4CEF-BB39-DC03D05902F5_zpsxxt30toe.jpg

Have been slowly working my way through the thread and gathering information ... Some one mentioned a while back a lodge Dutch oven, having just bought ourselves some stoves I thought this a great wee idea to add

Today I'm cooking our first meal on the stove :)
    Thankyou who ever suggested it :)
    oooooooooooooooh I want one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure