MobileXpression

Comments

• loranius
    loranius Posts: 1,090
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is anybody still using this OK? I noticed an offer for installing it via swagbucks and wondered if it was worth it?

I got at least 3-4 gift cards off this, then my phone died. I tried to reinstall on my new phone but it doesn't like the model :(

I would say it's ok, but some people doesn't like it that can monitor what types of things you are doing on your phone. I don't do any banking on my phone so I don't mind.
  • Sugarplum634
    Sugarplum634 Posts: 1,047
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    yes mine pops up with no problem. I've had a voucher since Oct.
    Make £520 a year in 2020 so far (£0 cash £0 AGC)

(2019,£481.69) (2018, no idea!) ( 2017 £673.20) (2016 £800.97) (2015 £791.42/$312)

Penny challenge: 21/366 (66.70/671.61)
    NSD 7/150
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ciaccino wrote: »
    I've been using Mobilexpression for almost 2 years. It was OK until last October, then I received an email saying that I had been deactivated and was sent a link for reactivation.

I reinstalled the app and since then I have not received the usual weekly notification. I missed out on 5 weeks of points because I forgot to manually check it myself.

I sent them multiple emails but they have not even bothered answering. I opened a ticket and they closed it saying there was no problem at their end.

Is it only me? Do you guys receive the weekly notification in your phone?

I tried to cash out before xmas. they closed my account as they said I wasn't transmitting and therfore not entitled. they did this to a few of us.

am glad to be rid I it. it was intrusive.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,479
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I gave up on this mid last year as I changed my phone (Nexus 4 to Moto g3 3rd gen, android system to android system) & on trying to set it up on the new one was told my new phone wasn't supported which I find highly odd but not going to sweat it.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    I gave up on this mid last year as I changed my phone (Nexus 4 to Moto g3 3rd gen, android system to android system) & on trying to set it up on the new one was told my new phone wasn't supported which I find highly odd but not going to sweat it.

they seem to have a new site now that you can only redeem at £20 amazon but you earn more points weekly. It seems they tried to get rid of everyone off the old site so they could concentrate on the new site.
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    Just a word of warning for everyone. Mobilexpression have started banning and locking accounts like crazy lately and unfortunately I was one of the casualties!

The message I got from their customer (dis)service is the same one that they use for everyone at one point.

At least they could have informed me before redeeming, but no!

are you on old or new system?
  • Aesop
    Forumite
    I have no idea what you're referring to. I had to reinstall the app a few times so presumably I'm on the new system?

Anyway they're not going to do anything about it.

They say I have cheated them and not used the app. I have sent them the logs with bandwidth usage for the app but they have conveniently ignored it.

sounds like you are on the old system. the one where you get one reward a week?

they don't care. I asked for their complaints procedure, escalated etc..

gave it a couple of weeks and then signed up again with new email same phone and am now on 2 credits a week.
  • snowy79
    snowy79 Posts: 242 Forumite
    I decided to give this a go to see how well it worked. I signed up and installed the software on my phone. Now if I connect to the internet on my phone (Iphone SE) it says VPN on the top of the screen which I guess means it is doing something. I don't see any app or anything installed though, how do I know if it is working and sending the information correctly so I will receive the credits?

I am just doing this as a trial (even if I just get the £5 for the first week) as I am not sure how it will affect phone battery life etc.

• Aesop
    Forumite
    snowy79 wrote: »
    I decided to give this a go to see how well it worked. I signed up and installed the software on my phone. Now if I connect to the internet on my phone (Iphone SE) it says VPN on the top of the screen which I guess means it is doing something. I don't see any app or anything installed though, how do I know if it is working and sending the information correctly so I will receive the credits?

I am just doing this as a trial (even if I just get the £5 for the first week) as I am not sure how it will affect phone battery life etc.

as you are on iphone you may find to use the internet for some sites you will need to turn vpn off and then back on again to keep registering their data for you to earn credits.

if you goto the website on your phone, you can log in and check your account.

for a change this morning I received my notification that i had credits waiting. since they stole my last £10 off me I reinstalled under new app and got my £10 back :) now cashed out another £10
  • snowy79
    snowy79 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Aesop wrote: »
    as you are on iphone you may find to use the internet for some sites you will need to turn vpn off and then back on again to keep registering their data for you to earn credits.

if you goto the website on your phone, you can log in and check your account.

for a change this morning I received my notification that i had credits waiting. since they stole my last £10 off me I reinstalled under new app and got my £10 back :) now cashed out another £10

Thanks for the tip. :) Will some sites just not work until I switch off the VPN? I have been ok with most things but I must admit the Swagbucks app has been playing up, slower than normal and just stopped working a couple of times. Anyone had that problem?

I logged into my account on my computer and it said the software it installed on my phone and that activation was confirmed yesterday. I just never got the welcome email it said I would get. I guess I will see if any credits appear on my account in the next day or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure