Comments

• Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lost2 wrote: »
    What search engine are you using Boodedoo am using Safari and
    Not had ngage for ages

I use an iMac and run SB totally in Chrome for mac.
  • jumperabv3
    jumperabv3 Posts: 1,231
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Discover --> Kiwi Wall --> AlphabetMemory (Android) --> 10 SB.

My wife has android and she tried it, it credited instantly and the installation was smooth. We try several "app installs" and many of them don't get credited, this one was okay.

The other one "My Little Farmies" is a waste of time in my opinion.

Discover --> OfferToro also has some good App installs I did a week ago, most of what they have is reliable as well. So far OfferToro and Kiwi Wall are my 2 favourite ones in Discover.
  • kippygolf
    kippygolf Posts: 1,395
    Forumite
    Further to our gripes re Adgate App of the Day not crediting whilst on double points (now ended, back to 34 SBs)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hyr6783 View Post
    App of the day on Adgate is currently 68sb but that didn't credit for me... End of Quote.

I contacted Adgate, but got no sensible response. Put ticket into SBs with the mobile screen shots provided to Adgate, and they credited the 68 SBs within 24 hours.
  • elliesmemory1
    elliesmemory1 Posts: 1,274
    Forumite
    Hello, I'm sorry if I'm being thick!
    I'm fairly new to swagbucks, so far I've been doing surveys mainly.
    I don't really get the search bit. Do you search for something specific or is it random?
    I've got a banner saying search for how to build a snowman but I don't understand.
    I've tried searching but don't understand how you can get sbs for this.
    Again sorry if it's obvious but I just don't get it!
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,975
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't really get the search bit. Do you search for something specific or is it random?
    I've got a banner saying search for how to build a snowman but I don't understand.

Seems to be random. Probably more to do with when you search than what you search for. I just use it for normal searches and accept the extra points awarded as a bonus.
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Seems to be random. Probably more to do with when you search than what you search for. I just use it for normal searches and accept the extra points awarded as a bonus.

I tend to get wins for the first or second search in the morning. I used to play with it when I had more time but I just use it as a normal search engine now. Gives me a win every second day or so, many people get more.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 473
    Forumite

Not thick at all, there's a lot to suss out on SB :-)

Swagbucks reckon that defaulting your search engine to theirs within your browser (Yahoo search engine) increases the chances of a search win. You just search as normal and randomly you may get a search win, you have to input a code to authenticate and then the value of the search win is added to your daily total.

If you are using a desktop or laptop (sorry I don't know about tablets) then at the bottom of each screen there is a 'Need Help' tab. Click that and then FAQ, on the menu at the right hand side, choose Search.
    The bumf then shows you (with screen shots) what to expect.

I have defaulted my search engine on the browser I use for SB to theirs. I usually get a couple of search wins a day - anything from 4Sb to (very rarely) 100SB. though its usually between 4 and 9 most days.
  • I usually get 2 or 3 search wins a day. I think at one point the max possible was 4? I'm not sure what the rules are these days, or even if there are any beyond not being too spammy (I think they warn against using automated bots to search whatever they are) - but it's best just to use the search naturally and think of any wins as a bonus. Once you get one I wouldn't bother trying for another for a good few hours, that seems to be the cool down period.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    jumperabv3 wrote: »
    My 1st recommendation for 2017:

Discover --> Kiwi Wall --> UK_Dell_(6876) --> 204 SB.

It's a tricky survey, you need to read the description to get the idea what answers to provide and in the very first page most answers should be "Yes" or otherwise you will fail the survey on the first page.

Didn't work for me, booted me out after the pre-qual despite answering yes. Suspect survey may be full.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Anybody else get this on some of the surveys before any questions are asked?
    2 - Failed with status code 404
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport