Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Macpedro
    Options
    The switch to EDF was good, and saved myself >£100 a year ( via the cheap energy club ). But ...

So I started off paying £79 / month = £948 PA
    In my last Bill they tried to justify an increase stating "We think you'll use £902.39 by the end of your annual billing period.".

I know i only got a C in Maths, but even I know this means they will owe me money.

However they increased the DD to £86 / month.

I have just spent 10 minutes explaining to EDF via chat that if they project I will use less then they have no reason to increase the bill.

Also, i was signed up to receive bills via email. I wasn't getting any email notifications of the bills.

Seems to me that EDF wanted more cash in their bank and hoped I wouldn't be monitoring my bills and would just accept an increase in the DD
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hazzanet wrote: »
    They appear to be working in some other time continuum for me at the moment. DD is set for on/after 5th month, and they took it today.

Looks like I need to read the riot act ... again.

...is it actually showing at your bank or just in your EDF account? I have found that my DD is shown as credit on EDF account ~ 5 days before it comes out of my bank acc. -think EDF credit when they actually request DD not when its received.:)
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...is it actually showing at your bank or just in your EDF account? I have found that my DD is shown as credit on EDF account ~ 5 days before it comes out of my bank acc. -think EDF credit when they actually request DD not when its received.:)

Showing on the bank statement and reducing the available balance. The bank have returned it unpaid for me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    and today I got a letter from edf saying that I wanted to cancel my dd and hence would be on a higher tariff. I just could not make it up. I have sent 6 e mails and phoned twice asking them to take money from my account via the dd they were supposed to have set up. AVOID

Good energy will be paid by quarterly dd, the exact cost of the bill and I will no longer have to wait the 25 minutes I had to wait on the phone to edf
  • red1990
    Options
    I complained about EDF reconciling accounts at year end but not being clear about how much they would be taking from my account. In my case, they took £101 and then reduced my monthly amount from £30 to £18. Why take money and then reduce the monthly payment. Anyway, someone from the EDF CEO office called me and is looking into it. Very difficult to get through to EDF unless you want to switch to them. Last time I rang, I gave up after 27 minutes after a voice said the wait was 10 minutes. Of course the next thing you see is an online feedback request. Companies have become obsessed with feedback!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    another edf letter today, same old same old. Also a dd mandate from good energy and my 7 day cancellation notice, woo hoo and I will be paying less with good energy. 2 months of edf shenanigans is more than enough and I bet I won`t be the only one leaving. The edf 2017 plan has no exit fees btw. I bet I get a grovelling phone call after they get notice from GE and I`ll tell them exactly what I think. Frightening thought that they will be looking after hinkley point
  • kelsoladdie
    Options
    My current EDF fixed price deal terminates March 31 after three years. I've never calculated how much I've saved over that period but judging by some of the substantial general increases, I'd like to think it was a reasonable saving. I am currently paying £1,032 p.a. so have just done a comparison on what I could be paying after March.
    :beer:EDF have offered me a new deal based on my current consumption which works out as £1,186 p.a. Although there are cheaper annual costs listed on MSE, none of them appear to offer a fixed price through March 31, 2017 so I've decided to stick with EDF for another three years and gamble on the basis that prices will continue to rise year on year
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My current EDF fixed price deal terminates March 31 after three years. I've never calculated how much I've saved over that period but judging by some of the substantial general increases, I'd like to think it was a reasonable saving. I am currently paying £1,032 p.a. so have just done a comparison on what I could be paying after March.
    :beer:EDF have offered me a new deal based on my current consumption which works out as £1,186 p.a. Although there are cheaper annual costs listed on MSE, none of them appear to offer a fixed price through March 31, 2017 so I've decided to stick with EDF for another three years and gamble on the basis that prices will continue to rise year on year

..I'd double check their figures if I was you! Is that based on your actual annual usage??
    That's "only" a 15% cost increase per annum. I'm in the same position but a switch to the March 2017 fix would increase my costs by 27.8% per annum based on my usage:eek:
  • angrybunny
    Options
    I have been with edf since sept 2012, mostly on fixed tariffs.
    for 9 months i did not get a gas bill (nor showed one online) but the dual fuel dd was taken so i didn;t owe them money , i just had no bill and after a phone call to very helpful staff i received the bill but separate from my electricity bill , next phone call that was sorted. since then i have not had a problem , the dd goes out as promised and i love the fact that every time i submit a meter reading the bill gets adjusted immediately and the direct debit follows .so i never overpay and then have to fight to get my money back as with other companies(npower).
    therefore i will stay with edf despite it not being the cheapest tariff for me anymore.
    hassle free and accurate wins hands down:)
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have been with them for three years in a fixed deal which ends on 31st March 2014. I was a bit wary about what to expect having read some awful things about their customer service etc.

However, I have always found them to be spot on; I submit my meter readings every six months and they have even lowered the direct debit payments on a couple of occasions.

This morning I signed up to their March 2017 fixed deal because I thought it might just disappear soon. I was pleasantly surprised that my current fixed deal will carry on until 31st March and then I will be automatically changed to the new plan on 1st April. This was a relief as we may get some cold weather during March and at least I will still be on the lower rate:)

Also of course if a cheaper deal comes along there are no exit fees from the new plan, so I suppose it is a no brainer really.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure