Brexit discussions

Comments

• NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I really, really wish we could have signature images...

main-qimg-6effe40de36f0f142913f85e3638d867.png
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • Spidernick wrote: »
    Comments like that are one reason it got closed! :wall:

Don't blame me, I don't think I ever posted on the Brexit thread. I'm just taking the mickey, really. This thread'll go in a few minutes, once the BG finds it ;)
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
  • We have until 17 September to nominate MSE forums for a "Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship".

See details of the organisation at https://www.indexoncensorship.org/what-we-do/

Form an orderly queue.

Or maybe not. :( .

WR
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Don't blame me, I don't think I ever posted on the Brexit thread. I'm just taking the mickey, really. This thread'll go in a few minutes, once the BG finds it ;)

Oh I posted on it all the time.

Will miss having a good old moan at all the lovely people who voted to stay within the blissful European Union, whereas I am one of the people who upset the apple cart by voting out and
    putting my good faith in our wonderful country being free to deal with the rest of the world in any way we choose:)
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I don't understand how people can get so irked and hot under the collar in a discussion. Ok, someone has a different opinion. Ok, someone maybe uses the wrong words, and lo and behold - another takes offence thinking they are the target (paranoia much?).

It's the !!!!!!!g internet where everyone is anonymous. If one feels they have to report a thread/post because they can't cope with other people's comments and opinions, how on earth do they go through daily life???
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • David_Aston
    David_Aston Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Post
    Newshadow, I'd like to comment on your pictograms, but I might get banned before we get going.
    I do try to find humour everywhere. For instance, Bojo can make his comments on the bhurka because, although he isn't a comedian, he is a joke.
  • Newshadow, I'd like to comment on your pictograms, but I might get banned before we get going.
    I do try to find humour everywhere. For instance, Bojo can make his comments on the bhurka because, although he isn't a comedian, he is a joke.

Sshhh, the Rowan Atkinson thread got closed too, so that subject's off limits as well.

lipsrsealed.gif
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
  • My crocodile thread got closed, too, and the one asking why it was closed got deleted.

Someone out there not keen on crocs, perhaps. Maybe there was an investiGATOR who looked into it and closed the thread after only 4 posts!
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Newshadow, I'd like to comment on your pictograms, but I might get banned before we get going.

You could report me instead - seems to be the fashion around these parts :p
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Quasar wrote: »
    I don't understand how people can get so irked and hot under the collar in a discussion. Ok, someone has a different opinion. Ok, someone maybe uses the wrong words, and lo and behold - another takes offence thinking they are the target (paranoia much?).

It's the !!!!!!!g internet where everyone is anonymous. If one feels they have to report a thread/post because they can't cope with other people's comments and opinions, how on earth do they go through daily life???

That's why we love you Quasar - the voice of reason:)

I may not agree with you on the subject of B**xit, but on most things you are brimming with common sense.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport