Yolt App

Comments

• Anthorn wrote: »
    Been looking at Yolt because it has been paired with Starling Bank but I don't see the value of it except that it will eventually be able to tell me if I can afford to pay what I usually pay next month.

I'm concerned about security. While I don't mind whacking 20 quid a week into the largely unproven Moneybox mobile app I'm dubious about connecting all my bank accounts to a similarly unproven mobile app. The question of security appears to revolve around Yolt being a product of Dutch Bank ING. Oh well that must be OK then? Not. Didn't ING's UK offering go under to be taken over by Barclay's Bank? And what price "bank security" when we know from recent memory that banks get hacked, c.f. Tesco Bank.

Overall I'll need at least two years track record before I look at Yolt again!
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/141354-yolt-what-is-it-and-how-will-it-help-you-manage-your-money

It seems you got impatient old boy and downloaded Yolt before they had at least two years track record!
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mr_Goodkat wrote: »
    It seems you got impatient old boy and downloaded Yolt before they had at least two years track record!

Completely irrelevant as with your reply to my post in the Metro Bank thread!
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Anthorn wrote: »
    OK I got Yolt and added my bank account and almost immediately hit a stumbling block: It can only calculate income and relate it to budgeting for monthly income. If you get your income fortnightly as I do Yolt is pretty much a waste of time! My regular income which goes into Starling Bank is the same every month without variation at all but Yolt just cannot do it.

The very first thing that anyone should do when comparing such apps is whether it can cope with your income! If it can't it's just occupying space and won't be used very much.

Let them know: https://www.yolt.com/contact.
  • Anthorn
    Forumite
    SnowTiger wrote: »

Already done that. But they will be aware of it because a pop-up advice is programmed in the app which is how I knew that they can only compare monthly income.
  • Anthorn wrote: »
    Completely irrelevant as with your reply to my post in the Metro Bank thread!

It is relevant, as you commented earlier in the thread about not trusting Yolt because of some inaccurate claims you were making about their owners ING and then going on to say you wanted them to have over two years of operations without problems before using the Yolt App.

You have once again jumped in with both feet and another example of your hypocrisy on this forum.

Shame Yolt will not work for you because now you have got past the concerns you had about them earlier than you advertised you could have used the help to budget and in time get the more perfect than perfect credit history that you desire but mistakenly believe you have already!

All the best!
  • Anthorn
    Forumite
    It is relevant, as you commented earlier in the thread about not trusting Yolt because of some inaccurate claims you were making about their owners ING and then going on to say you wanted them to have over two years of operations without problems before using the Yolt App.

You have once again jumped in with both feet and another example of your hypocrisy on this forum.

Shame Yolt will not work for you because now you have got past the concerns you had about them earlier than you advertised you could have used the help to budget and in time get the more perfect than perfect credit history that you desire but mistakenly believe you have already!

All the best!

OK let's look at that post again:
    That is irrelevant to this thread. And your last post quoted above is also irrelevant to this thread: For example what does my credit history have to do with it? I think this thread might be beyond your understanding or is there some other reason for your off-topic posting?
  • As far as I can tell Yolt is the only third party providing Personal Finance software that is accredited by Open Banking and registered with the FCA. https://www.openbanking.org.uk/regulated-providers/
    However I sadly think it is only available on Android or IOS, not on a PC via a browser. Any thoughts anyone?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have experimented with the Volt up and lost the will to live in the process. Adding accounts takes ages, and Volt can't eliminate painful log-ins such as the requirement for a security gadget for M&S. For some banks, you have to do the set up twice before you can see all your accounts - e.g. for Lloyds, 1 set up is required for current accounts, and then another 1 for savings accounts. I also didn't like the categorisation Yolt applies to transactions, and I haven't found a way to tailor what it does. Response times are pretty awful, especially if you have plenty of accounts.

I will stick with accountunity for the time being, even though it uses ancient technology and I'd really fancy something more modern.
  • colsten wrote: »
    For some banks, you have to do the set up twice before you can see all your accounts - e.g. for Lloyds, 1 set up is required for current accounts, and then another 1 for savings accounts.

To be fair to Yolt, it is relevant to mention the reason - because they are using Open Banking where it is available (i.e. for current accounts at banks who made an effort to meet the Open Banking rollout date!) Surely that's a positive?
  • I have to say I have had a very fast response from Yolt which is encouraging, its the sort of reply that makes me want to sign up! - see below

"Thanks for getting in touch!

We're currently working on perfecting the app for mobile devices (Android and iOS versions). We've had other Yolt users requesting us to add support for desktop and even a web version. I'll add your request to our user wish-list and discuss it with the team.

As Yolt is currently in open Beta, the list of suggestions and new features to be rolled out is constantly being updated. So keep an eye on your inbox, we`ll keep you posted on what!!!8217;s new with each release."

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure