Reasonably priced places to eat easily accessible from Gatwick north terminal without a car?

Comments

• PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No good to us though as it's for the evening of our overnight stay, I've already checked what's at the airport and just about everything is after security, we need before security.

There is a Wetherspoons before Security at North Terminal. But the prices are well above a normal non-airport Wethersoons.
  • PompeyPete
    And it's after security so not a lot of use to us.

Que? Premier Inn North Terminal isn't even in the Terminal Building, but a 2 minute walk from the train shuttle.
  • PompeyPete
    Browntoa wrote: »

There's quite a few easy options in Horley. You can walk it, but one stop on the train is much easier.
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    Que? Premier Inn North Terminal isn't even in the Terminal Building, but a 2 minute walk from the train shuttle.

I think it was a reference to the recommendation for The Red Lion (Wetherspoons North Terminal). You said "Cheaper to eat in @ Premier Inn" and interstellaflyer continued your sentence with "And it's after security so not a lot of use to us."
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • PompeyPete wrote: »

Yes I know, it's next to the Sofitel which we've stayed at before.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • PompeyPete
    Sorry.....I'm multi-tasking, doing more than one thing at once doesn't come easy to me. Still think the Jack Fairman 'spoons at Horley is your best bet.:)
  • PompeyPete wrote: »
    Sorry.....I'm multi-tasking, doing more than one thing at once doesn't come easy to me. Still think the Jack Fairman 'spoons at Horley is your best bet.:)

Yes thanks, I'm considering it but it will cost us £9.00 return which isn't bad, just weighing that and the extra travelling against on airport facilities.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • get the x10 bus to crawley central- loads of cheap places to eat there
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Do hotels allow this?

yes they do
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    I doubt it, and definitely not delivered to your room as you need a key card to access the accommodation areas.
    you wait outside in the hotel car park for it
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family