DaringToDream of a Debt Free Life!

Comments

• *was the plan for the hen do?
  • Blue Eyed Girl- oh no that sounds horrible and such a shame to miss out! The hen isn't actually for another few months- I've paid for the accommodation already (big beach house) but the activities don't need to paid until the weekend itself so more money to find for surfing, wine tasting and food and drink! Will be a fun weekend though so just need to get this guilt out of my system so I can enjoy all the lovely things I'll have paid for!

PSL- totally agree, I hate to think how much I've spent on weddings and hens over the years. The irony now is that most of my friends now have young kids so if I ever do get to the point of having a hen then it'll probably just have to be a one-day event anyway so they can come!!

Pink-Giraffe (love the name), don't even get me started on student loans- I reckon I've got another 4 years or so left to push. The crazy thing is that I always got told to consider it as 'cheap' debt, but now the interest rate is 0.5% higher than my ISA, so maybe I should start trying to overpay it!!

Just starting my commute home now. Only spent £2.50 today which isn't too bad, the rest was all on expenses. Have taken out £30 to last me until payday, will need to get a bit of food in but that's it so should be able to do it. Also got a £2 coin in my change from lunch so will put that in my £2 pot, bringing the grand total up to £6 :D every little helps right!?! Now just need to try and motivate myself for a run when I get home!
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • Another busy day. Really not enjoying my job at the moment so went out for a coffee and a 'meeting' with some colleagues, mainly so we could just all have a rant. £3.50 spent on a coffee and a muffin but definitely worth it to de-stress, and nice to know that everyone else is feeling the same too.

I actually have a job interview later this week. I don't think I'll get it as it's a promotion, and I don't think I'm quite at that level yet, as it's quite a big jump from my current grade, but it would be a good challenge and something different! It would be a pretty considerable pay rise so would be great for debt busting, but would also mean I'd have to work full time in London again and I'm not sure if I want that- much prefer having a work life balance than commuting 3 hours a day. Lots to think about anyway!

Made the mistake of going shopping hungry on my way home from work. Shopping came to £20.50, which is more than I wanted to spend but at least now the fridge is full. I'm a terror at just putting things in the basket so should really have gone home and eaten and then gone back out the shop- lesson learnt of shopping on an empty stomach!!

DTD
  • Another low spend day today. I did take in a tin of soup for lunch, but i went to the gym at lunchtime, and was still starving so spent £3.20 on a snack and a drink (also forgot my water bottle!). Lesson learnt so must buy healthy snacks next time i am at the shop!

Was supposed to be working my other job tonight but i had to work late in job 1, so have had to cancel. Bit of a shame and hopefully job 2 won't get too funny about it, but on the positive side i now have a bonus evening at home! Not long now til the long weekend.

DTD
  • And how could i forget- not long til payday too, can't wait to be able to update and see those totals go down!
  • Payday tomorrow-woo hoo! Will only be payday for Job 1, but looking forward to updating my debt spreadsheet, and then will be able to update again on the 2nd when i get paid from Job 2.

Fairly decent day today, although did spend £6.99 on a bottle of bubbles for this evening, really just fancying a glass of bubbles, bath and bed!

Did spend £20 on a taxi however because it was pouring and i didn't want to be drenched when i arrived at my interview. £20 will be a small price to pay though if i get the job because it's such a good pay rise. Was really nervous but think it went ok, although don't think my skills are quite what they are looking for so don't think i'll get it, but good practice and experience anyway.

Otherwise, money saving is going ok, this diary is definitely helping me consider my spending more. Still waiting for some cash back to become payable, and got 8 items on eb*y. 2 have bids and some of the others have watchers. If things stay as they are i'll make £5.50, but better than nothing, and means i get rid of some clutter. Going to try and have a frugal weekend. Got some food in and need to pop to l*dl tomorrow to pick up some of their perfume and some other bits (i did use chanel but honestly can't tell the difference and at £57 difference in price i'm going back to the l*dl stuff!), so should be a cheapish weekend.

Not long til the long weekend now!

DTD
  • Payday :j

Have made my first round of payments to my cards, second lot will happen on Tuesday when i get paid from my other job.

OD: £971.79/2000 (£18.21 paid off to get it back into the interest free)
    CC1: £2949.53/3400 (250.47 paid off)
    CC2: £1589.35/2500 (£210.65 paid off)
    Car finance PCP: £11200

So total non car-finance debt is £5510.67 (was £5990), and a total of £479.33 paid off. Am due to be paid £780 from my other job on the 2nd, so should hopefully be able to get under the £5000 mark.

Still waiting for cash back to become payable. Ebay sales are up to £5.70 with 2 days of bidding left so fingers crossed they'll go up some more.

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    DaringToDream_2 Posts: 198 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2017 at 12:19PM
    Half day today so just got home ready for the long weekend! :T

Spent £43 at l*dl on my way home, but paid it on my credit card and then immediately transferred the money over to pay it off (i get points for spending on my credit card). I spent more than i was intending, but i did get 2 bottles of their perfume (honestly can't tell the difference between it and the pricy one it smells the same as) and dishwasher tablets etc. so it wasn't actually too bad a shop. The l*dl dishwasher tablets are a which best buy and are £3.19 for 40 so thought i'd give them a go over my normal branded ones so a little saving there too, just hope they work well!

Also bought 2 lampshades for the house online, but opened a new account so i could take advantage of a new customer offer, so got £20 off making them only £33, plus used a cash back website. Paid for from my 'fun budget'- lampshades are fun right?

Expenses submitted for this week at work so am due £24.40 back, which i will pay straight to one of the credit cards once it lands in my account. No news yet from job interview, but not holding my breath!

DTD
  • Yay for half day! Good luck on news from the job interview :D
  • I was thinking how can you spend £40 in Lids- but I suppose if you got all the cleaning stuff. (And maybe yours is bigger than mine!) I need to spend more time there. Have become very lazybones on the shopping. I get the washing machine tablets and they seem to do same job as the expensive branded ones.

soubds like it's going well. Hope you enjoy the long weekend. I am beyond excited by 3 days off work. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills