Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Washing done & hung out, towels now in the machine. Have cleaned the bathrooms & made a coconut loaf cake as well.

DH not long home, all went well with my mum's op, hopefully she's not too sore tomorrow.

Going to try and relax for a bit now. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Feeling very tired today and didn't sleep well, postman also woke me up early with a parcel and couldn't get back to sleep. :(

Due date today but no sign of baby, just hoping the wee monkey won't keep us waiting too long. DH's parents are back from their holiday and are glad the baby didn't arrive when they were away. Have had yet another of DH's aunts asking us to make sure and let them know when the baby arrives. Why do they think we're going to keep it a secret?:rotfl:

DH has banked a survey cheque I got through so another £50 paid off loan no1, taking the loan balance to approx £1430. :j Just trying to do a few more surveys and hoping to cash out on a couple of sites.

The coconut loaf cake went well with the defrosted chocolate buttercream yesterday although DH ate too much and then felt a bit sick. :cool::rotfl: I warned him but he didn't listen....:cool::D

Have finally joined the Mr M loyalty card scheme as we do go there fairly regularly and also usually get fuel for the cars as well there. Have a small pile of receipts to take to customer service to get them to add the points onto my new card. :o

Might try and have a nap before DH gets home from work.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Happy due date Sashy, hope the little one makes an appearance before DHs paternity leave begins :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Kirsty. :) Still no sign of the stubborn little monkey.

Headed out to Morrisons and got my points added to my new loyalty card. Also bought some things for dinner, making chicken fajitas tonight. Was hoping a stroll around the supermarket might get the baby moving but nothing as yet.

Have done a few surveys again today, got to payout on a lower value one and should be able to cash out on another shortly. Also have enough points on a couple of sites to request vouchers which can go towards baby or house things.

Still didn't sleep that well last night, didn't help that DH kept snoring. :mad: I kept pushing his head over which would stop the snoring for about a minute before he moved it back and would start again. :( Couldn't wake him up and shout at him as he was getting up early for work. :o Took me about an hour to drop off, then was up 3 hours later to pee. :( Got back to sleep for a few more hours after that thankfully. DH was up for work around 04:30/5am but I only stirred a bit before falling asleep again.

Have potted some plants today as well and should really get on with a bit of ironing but can't really be bothered. :o
  • sashybo
    Options
    Finally did the ironing that I've let pile up for the last few weeks :o but think I should have done half tonight & half tomorrow as feeling a bit sore now. Got DH to put it away for me, have his work shirts to iron tomorrow but at least there'll only be 4 of those so won't take long.

Managed to cash out £25 on one of my survey sites & also £35 worth of vouchers from 3 other sites. Got £10 for Debenh@ms as DH needs some new stuff & it will help a bit & the rest in am@zon vouchers.

Made chicken fajitas for dinner which kept DH happy & we just had a chilled evening. Still patiently waiting for baby to start thinking about making a move. :p

Might do slow cooker gammon again for tomorrow night's dinner. DH harvested our chantenay carrots & they look quite good apart from not being straight at all. :rotfl: At least we got them to grow! We can have them with the gammon tomorrow & will maybe make hasselback potatoes.
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 May 2017 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Sashybo hope your little one arrives soon, they're probably too nice and cosy in there to want to come out!

I've heard eating a hot curry can bring on labour though I can't vouch on how accurate that rumour is.

My little one was 10 days late, strolling around didn't seem to help. I walked loads in the month prior to having him but he stubbornly refused to come out. In the end I had a sweep, an induction and an emergency C section all within 3 days forcing his appearance into the world lol.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi swimming, thanks for the advice - may well try a curry, might as well! Drinking raspberry leaf tea and still bouncing on my exercise ball as well. Hoping that baby gets a move on & isn't as stubborn as I can be or I'm in trouble :p - would rather avoid the sweep and induction if I can. :eek:

Have had a productive morning so far, got up and put a loaf on in the breadmaker and stuck the gammon in the slow cooker. DH going to bring in some new potatoes on his way home from work and I'll do mini hasselback potatoes with them. Baby being a bit late is good in that DH managed to do an overtime shift today, all extra money is welcome. :T

Have ironed and hung up DH's shirts and got the next washing ready to go in. Will stick it on overnight and hope it's dry outside tomorrow so I can hang it out. Also had a shower and washed my hair, which I've been too lazy to do for several days. :o Feeling like a beach ball on legs and have to squeeze into the shower sideways as the doors don't open wide enough anymore. :eek:

Doing a couple more surveys and need to order more cat food so we're stocked up.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sashy, just a warning - during my midwifery time I hated the curry tale - there's nothing to suggest it brings on labour but has been known to bring on other more 'unpleasant' side effects which aren't the nicest for the labour staff :rotfl:
    Nothing wrong with having a curry - just try not to go beyond your normal heat level in hopes of bringing on labour :)

There are only 3 things that have scientific reasoning behind bringing on labour -
    1. Eating pineapple core (the bromelain encourages uterine contractions)
    2. Sex (prostaglandins in semen encourage cervical ripening)
    3. Nipple stimulation (encourages uterine contractions)

but the truth is even scientific reasoning means nothing when it comes to babies - they have a mind of their own unfortunately :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Sashy

The whole birth thing is so tricky as it's different for everyone despite the universality of the situation! I always draw back from rehashing the details especially to new Mums as who knows whether our experiences will be remotely similar?
    I'm one who found none of the usual things helped to bring on birth. My DS was very late at 18 days over. Was in hospital for the last 4 preceding his birth.
    When I went into labour with DD on my due date I was in denial. Having had the first experience I couldn't imagine anything different.
    Neither arrived naturally, and I felt a sense of disappointment in that the first time around but had accepted it the second. Although I experienced much more active labour with DD and actually thought she'd be born naturally.

Despite my experiences if I did it again I'd recommend hypnobirthing courses/material for use in the birth, because it puts the control with the woman and encourages empowerment and belief in your body.

Is any of that helpful? I don't know. I do remember feeling like there was this mystical divide between the people who'd experienced it and me about to when I was in those final stages. Those in my NCT group that had their babies first seemed so amazing and wise!

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm trying not to get too stressed out or too set on a particular birth plan but really hoping not to be induced as I don't want to be on the medical ward, I want to be in the midwife unit. At the moment I'm only 2 days overdue so plenty of time yet, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Everyone I've spoken to has had such a different experience of labour & birth that I don't know if it's helped hearing about it or not! The only thing I've taken from it is that you just don't know what will happen. So that's a bit scary. :(

Feeling tired now as didn't have a nap today, hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback