22 Foxhole East

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Just had an email from a man who wants the 2 enormous Velux I rescued, they will be gone by 10am tomorrow.

Another job ticked off the list.

Huzzah!!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on getting the velux's gone :j

Just popping in to catch up with your thread & to say thanks. You mentioned streetlife earlier in your thread so I investigated it and joined up- what a fab website!! I linked up with a local lady who gave me bags of windfall apples which means I now have spicy apple chutney & bags of prepped frozen apples for winter :beer:
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • f0xh0les
    Hi Kitten, Streetlife is pretty good isn't it? I passed on the details of the old man who gave me apples on one site to a lady on the next-door Streetlife (I moved 3 miles down the road so I am on both as the kids are still over there at school and I am there 2x a day) who has the use of a community apple press. So she is delivering him some fresh apple juice this week as a thank you. Everyone wins, he is 80+ and can't pick them, she lives on a houseboat and has no garden.

I must say though, this is the only place I have lived where people are too posh to pick their own apples. They rotted on the trees last year. Round here people think apples come from Tesc0. Bizarre, but I am quite happy to scrump, might have to get a balaclava for it, as long as nobody mistakes me for a clown.

My kids will not shut up about these muppet clown people. Honestly, Tim Curry has a lot to answer for.

Right, lunch boxes made, posh coffee drunk, time to wake up those kids of mine.

Have a lovely day, it is supposed to piddle down over here. Best get on to Hotpoint about my replacement non-dodgy dryer.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Man turned up with a standard size car - surprisingly you cannot fit 120cm x 120cm velux in the back of one of those. That is why I gave the measurements. He is off to look for a friend with a van.

Meanwhile, my hall is full of windows and bits of windows.
    I do hope he returns........
  • f0xh0les
    edited 11 October 2016 at 12:19PM
    On a roll this morning!

Top two floors cleaned, including bathroom floor, hoovered and everything.

Sat on the phone to order my replacement non-catchy-on-fire - dryer from Indesit - TDWSF83BEP will be delivered on Monday, which is good as it is half term and I will be in!! No school run to have to worry about. £99 for an 8kg B rated dryer with sensor to turn off when dry (I missed that in my last dryer) Plus, a brand new dryer to replace my 6 yr old one!

Sanded and spray painted a bedside cabinet from the charity shop (£12) silver- well, it says 'pearlescent grey' but it is glittery silver, and does look like a robot, so DS4 is gonna be DELIGHTED!!! It is drying in the yard right now, so I am going to have a celebration cup of coffee and think about lunch.

I started the day with a MASSIVE long list of things and I am steaming through them! I will shut my big mouth now before a wall falls down or something.

Got some idiot offer me £5 for all my Grandad's tackle(!) stupid time-waster, then I remembered of course he is a time waster, he sits on riverbanks trying to outwit a fish in his spare time. Twit.
  • Wow, you sound busy and very productive! :j

The robot cabinet sounds amazing! :D Hope your DS is pleased with it.
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • f0xh0les
    Judging by the squeaks of AWESOME and AMAZING you could hear 2 floors down, I think he might like it.

Well you can call me Mrs Wussy-pants if you like, but it is cold here tonight, so we decided to try and turn the central heating on (it has been off since we tested it in April) but nothing happened. It is a new system to us, an open vented system with a water cylinder and a room thermostat - I just used to turn our old one on and off as I needed it, but this one has a control panel and automatic thrusters or something. Sadly nothing happened. Not a sausage. We changed the batteries in the thermostat, mucked about with the timer on the boiler, went and played with the wireless do-hick next to the cylinder in the airing cupboard, all to no avail. It should have worked, according to the downloaded manual and youtube video, and then we noticed it. The wire from the fuse to the pump was not attached. They must have missed it when they rewired the house, and left it unattached. So I have sent a text to Captain Electrician, letting him know about the wire, and asking him to give me a ring tomorrow - it was 8pm, he has a small child and a wife, he sent back a text saying he will ring tomorrow.

They disconnected the doorbell, but we just wired it back into a plug and put it back in, they removed the fuse from the whirlpool bath, but we noticed that, and they put one back in, but the pump we did not notice.

So there. Hopefully we will have a working central heating system tomorrow, and fewer windows. Tomorrow is another day....
  • Sounds like they left a lot of things unfinished....not very good of them! It's a good job you noticed (most of) the things.
    Hope it's easily sorted. I put the heating on timer last night (turned down the thermostat considerably, but still put it on). In my mind, I said that I was doing it to make sure the cats were okay. In reality, it is getting cold at 6am and I'm a wimp :)
    Hope your productive day continued
    Gib xx
    Debt remaining: :(
    Mortgage - £117,759 (£134,600, Nov 2013)

Work overpayment and home improvement loan paid back (£19200) :beer:

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Foxholes - You do so amazingly well with all your DIY. I'm so impressed. I hope your heating is sorted soon. Is your husband a lecturer?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • f0xh0les
    Yeah, DH is a professor in training. 15 years in IT then decided he wanted to be a lecturer!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure