Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• I-Owe-You
    Options
    It's completely calculated in order to manipulate the promotor in attempt to gain an advantage over others. To use your tragic personal circumstances to win an often low value prize is on par with begging in my opinion.

I wish all competitions on Facebook used the app so we wasn't privy to Sheila's miscarriage in 1982 or Donna's husband leaving her for her uncle's transexual best friend on Christmas day.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a sob story win!
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 February 2017 at 1:44AM
    Options
    Since Windows 10 messed up my poota and I had to put it back to factory condition I don't even have my coloured "Thanks" and "Thank You" that I used to use :(

I am now having to type just a simple "Thanks!" on FaceBook and Twitter, do you think it is bragging/a bit OTT adding the exclamation mark to the end?

:o :rotfl: :eek:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mansey wrote: »
    Since Windows 10 messed up my poota and I had to put it back to factory condition I don't even have my coloured "Thanks" and "Thank You" that I used to use :(

I am now having to type just a simple "Thanks!" on FaceBook and Twitter, do you think it is bragging/a bit OTT adding the exclamation mark to the end?

:o :rotfl: :eek:

The newt says no; just poor use of punctuation!
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • strawberri_shortcake
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    I want to be the lucky one to win this awesome prize. Have a Prosperous Year of the Rooster! Happy Lunar New Year and Happy Valentine's day everyone!

This person copies and pastes this for EVERY fb comp they enter from soup to crisps and teeth whitening kits !!!! Seriously, I bet she will be telling the promotors that she hopes they 'Have a Prosperous Year of the Rooster!' until next year when she changes it to 'Have a Prosperous Year of the Dog! She may change 'Happy Valentine's day everyone!' to 'Happy Pancake day everyone!' from Feb 15th! Watch this space......

Seesm to have worked though. She just won this...

For a chance to win this gorgeous sunshine mug all you have to do is LIKE & COMMENT on this post! The winner will be chosen tomorrow 9th February 2017.
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • wonderwallet
    Options
    Has anyone else been tempted to tell the lady who wants to win everything for her sons wedding in Canada to stay there and not come back!
    Fed up of seeing that proposal pic an all!! If her son can afford to go to Canada just to propose then maybe he can buy his mum all the toot she wants to win!

She's back out in force today :mad: 'We can't afford valentines gifts for each other as we are saving for our son's wedding in Michigan, here he is proposing blah blah blah...........'
  • tolly16
    tolly16 Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Actually they are both at it, both the bended knee man's parents are commenting how wonderful each other are. Can't wait for them to go to Michigan in March, sick and tired of that photo keep popping up everywhere
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    tolly16 wrote: »
    Actually they are both at it, both the bended knee man's parents are commenting how wonderful each other are. Can't wait for them to go to Michigan in March, sick and tired of that photo keep popping up everywhere

Then they will enter to win a prize to get over the "Holiday/Travelling blues" because they travelled to their sons wedding in Michigan and miss them already-such lovely people!look here's a photo of the happy couple! Now they are on honeymoon in Hawaii!

They could milk this thing for years. "Travelling to see our grandchild born in Michigan, Look photo! "
    "Feeling lost this Christmas/Mothers/Fathers Day/Birthday/Halloween/NewYear because my son and his family are in Michigan, Look photo!"
    "Going to Michigan to comfort our dear son on the brake up of his marriage, poor boy was so happy-look photo of when he proposed in 2017/6"
    The possibilities are endless!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »
    Then they will enter to win a prize to get over the "Holiday/Travelling blues" because they travelled to their sons wedding in Michigan and miss them already-such lovely people!look here's a photo of the happy couple! Now they are on honeymoon in Hawaii!

They could milk this thing for years. "Travelling to see our grandchild born in Michigan, Look photo! "
    "Feeling lost this Christmas/Mothers/Fathers Day/Birthday/Halloween/NewYear because my son and his family are in Michigan, Look photo!"
    "Going to Michigan to comfort our dear son on the brake up of his marriage, poor boy was so happy-look photo of when he proposed in 2017/6"
    The possibilities are endless!

Or what if bended knee man & his lady got divorced in Michigan?? ;) Proper sob story fodder to be had there :rotfl:
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • strawberri_shortcake
    Options
    Coming from a family and dear friends who are dignified in the face of serious adversity this is starting to bug me now.

Answer: Next Friday Giveaway - lingerie love…
    Prize: Some pants

I'm currently off sick after beibg diagnosed with epilepsy followed by having a brain tumour removed during Christmas week 1f915.png

Next Friday Giveaway-lingerie love..."
    Would love to win the lovely red lingerie set, I've had breast cancer surgery and this would be perfect in the non wired version

Next Friday Giveaway - lingerie love…
    Ahh! Yes! A lovely non wired and pretty bra for a very young post op bc survivor! I will be in for one of these either way.
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • twinklenicci
    Options
    really really wish they would just put all FB comps on apps. I avoid most of these nowadays because of this. Ive even just seen one sob story on twitter https://twitter.com/slumberlanduk/status/829345068720984064 ......
    Massive Thank you to all who post comps & answers on here .i'm very grateful , good luck all.
    B~ 25/04/1999, B~17/05/2000
    E~11/09/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family