Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I go with what Igamogam says... She knows what she's talking about. I'm lucky enough not to have needed the NHS much but when I have (usually with DS) they have always been fabulous. However, if this problem isn't purely for cosmetic reasons then I would imagine there will be a way to get it done on the NHS. Good luck with it.
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. ;) You're right, there is undoubtedly a way on the NHS, just need to figure out what it is.

So, an update on things...

I have claimed £40 expenses I forgot about and added them to the moving fund. I also added £70 from my wages this month. The moving fund total now stands at £390. :T Not too far to go, I still have lots of things to sell so I'm hopeful I will make this target.

I found 7p on the street yesterday. :T I bought dinner with it, reduced price cheese sauce to fling on some pasta. Lush!

I have written to NRAM to get my mortgage account number. This is a bit of a slow process but I'm just chipping away at it.

I'll be phoning A and L tomorrow now that I have the correct addresses I need to apply for PPI and exit fee refund.

I'm not sure what will happen with these applications but I'm just bashing on and trying, if I get nothing it doesn't matter, at least I tried.

Me and OH have decided to try and move me in to our new home over two days, when I'm lucky enough to have the use of a car. It will be earlier than we anticipated but if I can achieve this, it will save the cost of car hire. I'm going to give it a go, I'm determined to make this the cheapest move ever.

I don't plan to update my signature until this move is over, I have my deposit back and I've settled in to regular payments. I'm just keeping on keeping on.

Happy money saving everyone. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Make sure you update your address across the nhs. Don't trust the component parts to talk to each other.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just had a brainwave. I may need to sit down for a while...:D

After opening a new bank account with OH for paying bills once we're living together (I'm so excited! :smileyhea) I checked out that bank's student account info. It turns out they may be able to give me an extra £1500 overdraft interest free for the next 2 years. I'd need a letter from my Uni (just emailed our admin lady to ask for one) and I'd need to make an appointment and go in and speak to them but hey, if you don't ask, you don't get, and I'm feeling ridiculously optimistic right now.

I could transfer £1500 of the debt to interest free which would get it all paid down even faster.

I have a debt free date firmly in mind, September 2017. And I'm going for it. :D
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another update...

My haircut came in at a fiver cheaper than expected, so £5 stashed away ready for the end of the month skint times, just in case. £15 and the best cut I've had in years. :j

I got my step dad's birthday present from my weekly food budget and have managed to stick to budget despite this. I pay myself tomorrow for a new week so it's all good.

In desperate need of some work clothes (my old ones are getting very tatty and also I've lost some weight so look like I'm running around in my dad's trousers...oh dear :o) Got a pair of BHS trousers and 2 Next shirts for £9. Gotta love that. :T

I have food in for tonight's dinner to feed me and OH. No takeaways for us. :j

I'm a tad excited right now, best go and calm down.

Hope everyone's having a lovely debt busting time. :D
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No need to calm down - loving all the excitement and the plans :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Sounds like it's all going really well. Pleased to see that you're so motivated. :D
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks misstara and crazy_cat_lady. It does feel good to have some optimism around. :) I'm trying to make good use of it.

I spotted some half price cheese in my local supermarket yesterday, reduced from £4.50 to £2.25, then 10% more off with my student card. I bought 2, me and OH like a cheese sandwich for lunch so that should do for the next couple of weeks at least, with maybe a macaroni cheese dinner or two thrown in. :T

I also got some treats for the weekend, out of date chocolate and crisps for 10p each. 60p spent and I'm well chuffed. :D

The bad news re. the budget is that my old CC, the one that I have just transferred from, are still charging me £140 this month, despite the balance being down to not much at all. This essentially means a double payment, one to the new card and one to the old card. Grr :mad: I had checked online and it looked like the balance transfer already covered this month's payment but apparently not. The moving fund may take a hit to pay for this. But at least the cash is there and there will still be enough cash to move, just.

October is going to be a tight month but then, aren't they all??

I'm giving myself a pat on the back for still managing with no credit cards. :beer: It can be done, and I'm doing it.

I have a weekend of essay writing and hanging out with OH to look forward to. Essays due very son so that will be another thing ticked off of my list.

Happy debt busting times everyone. :)
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You're doing fab ani :D I certainly find that having no credit cards makes me think more about money and helps budgeting as I know there's nothing to fall back on. I can no longer say ' I'll just stick this on the credit card and pay it back next month'. Yeah ok its sometimes tight but I always get there.

How annoying about the old credit card but yay to the bargains.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Liking the foodie bargains :) How come CC still has £140 to pay.........they always finding a way to squeeze every last penny out of you :mad:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure