Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hooray! Sunshine today was glorious; the children had a lovely day (well, I think so - I brought them Turkish Delight so they could experience what Edmund did in LWW, and they had the 'delight' of being creative in their science lesson :) )

KW and I need to start looking around for broadband suppliers. We've decided to get Prime (and his new phone contract gives him a year's Netflix, yay!) but want to get the best deal possible. When we popped over to the house area to see what the broadband speed is like there, we were amazed at how fast it is - a gazillion times faster than at my parents' :)

* Today's been a NSD
    * I've caught up with a ton of marking (just a little hillock left to do which I might be able to go before leaving tomorrow)
    * DD made fishcakes at school for her and my dad in her food tech lesson - despite them being made with sweet potato, an ingredient neither of them like at all (!), they were scoffed down and are planning on making them again :)
    * I found £2 in my desk at school - considering putting it in the sealed tin, as it's money I'd forgotten about, so don't 'need' it.
    * I've written myself a mahoosive to do list of all sorts of things, but am looking forward to ticking them off :)
    * Found out that I've earned £412.50 on my inactive ISA - hooray! Now need to close it as I need to start moving money around to pay the rest of the deposit/solicitor bills NEXT MONTH :)
    * DD told me it's something like 57 days til we move.
    * I've just seen an email informing us that there's no staff meeting tomorrow - YIPPEE!!!
    * One of my lovely pupils and his mummy have sent me a link to a Heath Robinsonesque video of a cake delivery machine. It's so cute! Going to miss them....*sigh* But, as I find out every year, there are pearls in each class. Just a shame I have 19 pearls in a class of 19 this year!
    * Knowing I am loved and am loving.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on good broadband in the new house. Fab news on your ISA, you found £2 which is great. I wish I did!!!!

Good on you for doing marking. I'm about to try to finish some off now. Yum to fishcakes.

Weather is still lovely here which helps. :j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    edited 12 May 2018 at 11:13PM
    Options
    I've had a lazy day today, reading, bit of work (but not enough :( ) and a no spend day, yay!

Had a much-needed haircut yesterday, noone's noticed yet - possibly because I always have the same, I just get greyer and greyer each time.....

Meeting KW tomorrow, yippee!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hope you are having a good day.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thank you - it was fab.

DD didn't fancy coming along, something about revising for end of year exams (poor thing), so I met up with KW and we mooched around shops - finding the 'perfect' sofas to order in a couple of weeks, and we popped into Home Bargains and found the most amazing bedside tables, non-identical in that they have a different painted drawer front with animals and flowers, but gorgeous solid wood and metal and only £60 each (hmm...sounds expensive now but so much nicer than the cheapie Ikea ones I had before and they are so us)

DD likes the look of them (safely tucked up in KW's flat) and the look of the sofa (safely tucked up in the showroom as we're not going to order until closer to the move date) :)

KW also bought DD a little pressie as he felt bad that she was stuck at home whilst we were gallivanting, what a lovely thing to do eh?!
  • Kittikins
    Options
    School has been bearable, although frustrating at times. Not my class, even with the mid-week addition of a new child to the class, but You Know Who.

DD has been stressed out with her end of year exams coming up next week, but has enjoyed having my teddy in with her to give her hugs, as she appears to be too old to want to come into my bed at last :( I'm so glad I made the most of middle of the night cuddles for years and years, even if I did occasionally get frustrated at how frequently she came in!

Last night, the 3 of us went to an amazing torchlit museum evening, til nearly 10pm. The museum is fascinating anyway, but lit up by torches and small lights dotted around the place, it was like being an explorer. There was loud, but thankfully really good, music playing as well.

Apparently, the museum does this kind of evening 2x a year, so we're planning on going back in November :)

Beforehand, we enjoyed a lovely picnic in a nearby park and rather than do the park and ride option, I drive into the city and managed to get parking for £3.

This weekend I think I'll be mostly lounging, I'm starting to come down with a gruesome cold and feel like death warmed up :( Hopefully it'll be a cheap weekend!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It sounds like you have had some lovely day's out. I hope daughter is ok with all the revising. Have a great weekend.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Thanks SW, last night felt like our lives used to before we moved - doing something that was a bit out of the ordinary and loving every minute!

We are looking forward to many more days and evenings like it in the future :)

DD's just told me I look like death :( Red nose from blowing it so much and grey eyes and face from the cold. Thanks be to my esteemed boss who was dragged herself in like this for a fortnight and from whom I must have caught it! I will not be following her lead.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Hoping to sit out for a bit today as I'm off school :( but I think I need to be!

At least whilst I'm not at school, I'm not spending money.....Although my mum keeps on showing me nice house things online. I don't want to spend money on plates though! Want to get the sofa first :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh KK it's rotten when you feel poorly hope you feel better soon. x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure