Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    beanielou wrote: »
    You know that just happens sometimes.
    Even further down the line it just happens.
    I have been on my own a long time & I am ok with saying that just someti,mes I wish there was someone just for me.

I think it was just I was feeling down. I know I am far better off being by myself at the moment, but it is hard sometimes.
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    It is the sunshine, and all that bare flesh that does it.

Exes tend to be exes for a reason.

Keeping a man has costs -monetarily or emotionally.

Hope you feel cheerier this morning. Sorry you are feeling lonely.

You need to sort you out before going down that path.

I will try and sort myself out first. I know that most of the time I am happy being by myself and having a man interrupt my routine would be awful.

So the list got carried over to today but I did get some more bits done.
    [STRIKE]- Tip run[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Sort out sheets and duvet covers and put away nicely[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Cut the grass (front and back)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Weed the borders and pots[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- Weed the front path and back path[/STRIKE]
    - Reply to tax credit letter - started a reply online, I need to scan or photograph my documents next
    - Sort CV for DD1
    -[STRIKE] Do letter for nursery [/STRIKE]
    -[STRIKE] Tidy middle floor of house[/STRIKE] - Done and hoovered
    [STRIKE]- Clean bathrooms[/STRIKE] - all cleaned now
    [STRIKE]- Tidy garage[/STRIKE]
    - List more items for sale on FB
    - Send off phone to CEX
    - Chase Ex's repayment from HMRC
    [STRIKE]- Sort out kids clothes and see if they need anymore clothes for holiday[/STRIKE]

So today I got quite a bit done. I not only sorted through and decided what clothes the kids needed, I also went and got most things as well. So that should be all the clothes needed for our holiday in less than two weeks!

The house is tidier, not amazing but definitely getting there. The garage is tidier and I think once I am back from holiday, I will carry on sorting out more bits to sell.

In good news, one of DD1's birthday presents went missing. UPS tried to deliver a while ago but didn't leave a card and delivered to a local shop. I thought I hadn't received it so I went onto tracker and found it had been delivered to this shop. The first time I could make it there, it turns out it had been picked up again the day before. So I phone UPS and they say they would rearrange delivery. I was a bit confused as to whether they would deliver to me or the shop. Nothing came to me so I went to the shop, and it wasn't there either. So in my busy life, I completely forgot and then remembered last Friday, so I tracked it again and it was saying it was being held at the depot for instructions. I called UPS and they admitted that they had lost my parcel and didn't know where it was. I phoned the online shop and they phoned UPS. Because the items I had bought were in the sale, there weren't any left. So I got a refund for the items and I was going to try and find something different. The parcel then turned up and UPS phoned me to say they would deliver that evening. So I got the items for free!! I am very impressed.

Sorry that turned out to be quite a long story there but the upshot is that I am better off by £78 and my daughter still has the present!

Right most things are ready for the morning so I am off to bed now.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the present in the end.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Yes very good news on the present. So I put half back into present fund and half into holiday savings fund.

So yesterday was a bad day as the state of the house was getting me down and I was shattered. Today has been better as I have managed to get the downstairs tidy and clean. The kids helped as well which was good.

No money saving news to update on, really busy at work and could do with working another day to try and catch up. Also I only have tomorrow and next week to get loads done as we then go on holiday a week on Saturday for a week. I am really looking forward to going away as I really need a break. I'm going to try and plan things to do each day on holiday although we will probably spend a lot of time swimming in the pool and at the beach!
  • beanielou
    Not long til your holidays :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Mumoffourkids
    Ok so not been on for a couple of days but have been mega busy at work. And then been running around after kids in the evening.

But today has been good. Eldest is off school as she doesn't have any exams but she cracked the screen of her new phone a couple of weeks ago. Well she didn't do it, one of her friends did but no one owned up to who did it. I haven't had chance to sort anything out and it was still working well until last night it was. Then the screen just went black. So today we researched getting the screen fixed. Apple wanted £180 to fix it but I found some reviews on FB for a local shop who did it today while we waited for £60. Very happy with that and I now have a very grateful teenager who will do what I want for a while!

Then I have been looking at getting a new car stereo as my CD player doesn't work in there and I wanted to get one with bluetooth. Found one on Amazon for £20 which came today. Me and my daughter managed to get the old one out and the new one in and fitted properly. Just needed to buy an aerial antenna adaptor for £5 from Halfords and it all works! Who needs a man when you can do things like this yourself. I know it was more of a want than a need but the money has come out of my car fund and for £25 I don't think that's too bad at all.

Spending the afternoon trying to get my songs from itunes on the kids laptop onto my phone so I can then play them in the car. Will be very useful on the long drive down to Cornwall for our holidays!
  • beanielou
    Good news on your DD's phone.

• Mumoffourkids
    Thanks Beanie.

So I have just updated my signature as I just paid another amount off my debt. I got a letter this morning which both of my outstanding debts are now managed by Cabot. I'm now in the 4's which is amazing but just need to work out how to increase income a bit in order to pay down a bit quicker.

Whilst on the cabot site this morning, it does have an option to submit a full and final settlement so now I am thinking about maybe trying that for one of the debts after my holiday next week. I'm not sure how this will affect my credit file though.

In other news, going to try and take the kids out this afternoon and use our theme park passes as it is going to be a lovely day.

I hope everyone else is going to enjoy their days.
  • beanielou
    Your totala are awesome :)
    Enjoy your day :)

• Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Fabulous! Hope you enjoyed the theme park :)
  • beanielou
    Hope you had a good day.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback