• Sugarmummy
    Options
    Think he means the care element of PIP, not carers allowance
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mossfinn wrote: »

Six weeks later I received a letter informing me I had been awarded enhanced level for both mobility and careers allowance. The careers allowance was a level higher than DLA.

All in all, the process was professional and smooth and I don!!!8217;t think people should be unnecessarily worried

I take It you mean Enhanced Care and Mobillty ?
    How Long was your Award for ?
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • Mossfinn
    Mossfinn Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Really? I wasn’t aware people had to travel. I don’t know of anyone else who underwent the transfer to PIP so only have my own experience to refer to. Like most people, I was pretty stressed out by the whole concept since it was announced. When I got the letter I was very worried having read of so many peoples awful experiences.

The only reason for my post was to show that it is not automatically negative.
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    An update. We posted back our MR and got a phone call this morning reminding us that time was running out but we advised him it had been sent by next day delivery the operative reckoned it just hadn’t been uploaded, said he’d get back to us next Monday

I’m not expecting any change at MR stage so I’ve got my friend to agree to go to Tribunal in the hope they make an offer before we get there.

I don’t expect to get anything for mobility but I’ve written the MR so when they start this big review I’ve set out a case
    For reasons other than psychological distress cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points
    Probably won’t succeed but might get lower rate mobility on the back of it
  • kah22
    Options
    As an addition to the above be careful what you say on the phone they seem to record all calls. My friend got a CD of telephone calls made and received

Can!!!8217;t stress it to much ALWAYS ask for a SAR and if it is a FtF you!!!8217;re getting do it as soon as you F2F is over as it can take up to 40 days to arrive
  • Cherryscone
    Options
    what does sar mean and the 8217? I know F2F is Face to Face
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • kah22
    Options
    what does sar mean and the 8217? I know F2F is Face to Face

SAR = SUBJECT. ACCESS. REQUEST. With regards to a claim for PIPhere in NI, it is a request sent to the Department for Communities requesting them to hand over ALL information they hold on you in relation to your claim. This information is absolutely essential if you are planning a MR (mandatoryreconsideration and potentially onto a Tribunal. They DfC are legally obliged to provide such information within 40 days, they can withhold information if it could be dangerous to you. The other bit is gobble-gook, code thrown up by iPad

Below is a copy of the one I sent
    Subject Access Request - Request for personal information

Name: Your Name
    Previous name(s) (if applicable

Date of birth: ;
    National Insurance number: ;
    Full address (including postcode):
    12 AnyStreet
    Any Town
    Post Code

Information required:

• copy of the original DLA claim
    • copy of the inter-department correspondence passing the case from DLA over to PIP
    • copy of PIP2 questionnaire including all attachments and the Special Delivery bar code label
    • copy Capita file note determining that the case was to be handled via paper based assessment
    • copy of the Capita PA3 assessment report!
    • complete copy of the PIP 7001 award letter
    • anything/all they hold regards your DLA/PIP claim
    Computer records
    Clerical records
    Copy of telephone notes and taped conversation between the Health Professional and/or the Decision Maker with my consultant and any other telephone conversations held by DfC

A paper request is to follow. Please acknowledge receipt.

I asked for a PA3 Assessment Report because mine was paper based, if it were a f2f then you ask for a P4

Signed Your Name
    Date

The advice I’ve been given is that once your f2f is over request the SAR, you need to have that information at hand if drawing up a request for a MR and from you’ve received notification you only have 30 days to return the request

Kevin
  • Cherryscone
    Options
    In Northern Ireland they refuse to send you your Info Until your decision has been made different On the mainland which Is wrong
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife was previously getting DLA. High rate in care and low middle in mobility I think. I filled in PIP forms and got reply this week that she now will get standard rate in care with 11 points and nothing in mobility with just 4 points. I telephoned and asked to be reassessed, hoping at least for a boost to 12 points to get " enhanced " in care category. Couple of questions, if she does get enhanced what does this mean, what will she get. Also do I still get carers allowance if her reassessment fails and she just gets standard rate
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • kah22
    edited 27 May 2018 at 12:46AM
    Options
    CEON44 wrote: »
    My wife was previously getting DLA. High rate in care and low middle in mobility I think. I filled in PIP forms and got reply this week that she now will get standard rate in care with 11 points and nothing in mobility with just 4 points. I telephoned and asked to be reassessed, hoping at least for a boost to 12 points to get " enhanced " in care category. Couple of questions, if she does get enhanced what does this mean, what will she get. Also do I still get carers allowance if her reassessment fails and she just gets standard rate
    The same number of points my GF received. Strange how 11 and 4 keep popping up all the time

If you have t done so yet write and ask for a MR. Even if you have asked for one over the phone write a follow up letter and send it by recorded delivery (for safety reasons all letters should be sent this way

Also ask for a SAR, see my post above, hopefully it will arrive back in time. You!!!8217;ll be surprised at how much extra information is in there. As an example we got phocopies of her old DLA forms

Here are the current PIP rates. Sorry don!!!8217;t know about careers Allowance
    Component Weekly rate
    Daily living - standard rate £57.30
    Daily living - enhanced rate £85.60
    Mobility - standard rate £22.65
    Mobility - enhanced rate £59.75

That extra point could mean £28.30 a week, well worth the fight

Kevin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing