Getting a head start on saving

Options
2»

Comments

• pinknsparkly
    Options
    Wow, a whole years worth of expenses totalled up is impressive (even if you don't know them all 100% accurately, it's a million times better than I can do!!).

SuperHan - if your issue is with a lack of motivation to make lunches rather than the boredom of eating the same thing several times throughout the week then I've FINALLY managed to get the two of us into pre-made lunches simply by taking leftovers from dinner. It means we have to eat the same food for dinner and then the following lunch but we don't mind. I always struggled as you've said with the motivation to make some sandwiches the night before/in the morning but our new method only requires me to cook double (or rather, bulk out the meals a bit more with some extra carbs and veggies - I don't actually add any extra meat!) and then dish up the lunch portions directly into tupperwear. Leave the food to cool while you eat dinner and then stick it in the fridge ready for tomorrow. This does mean you need access to a microwave (which we both do), but even if you don't you could maybe on a Monday make a mega batch of food pasta that could be eaten cold and portion that up for lunches for the entire week? I also keep tinned soups and a loaf of bread/bread rolls in the freezer so when all else fails, we take a soup and bread for lunch! We didn't previously have a microwave at work but all clubbed together to buy a cheapish one and it's been used non-stop ever since!!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure