Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Comments

• kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Well I've officially lost 2 stone since January 2016. Slow and steady and into size 18 now. I was verging on 24 :eek:?
    Congrats. If you don't mind me asking what macros did you set yoursel ?
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Macros? I don't have a clue what they are. Lol. I just follow the recipes on the diet doctor website, eat lots of protein and fat, only eat 'above the ground' veggies, apart from celeriac and sweet potatoes and snack on pork scratchings.
    Have the occasional sugar free jelly or egg custard when I need something sweet.
    I nicked a quality street the other day, from the Xmas stash, and had to spit it out because it was too sweet!

The only problem I have now is that everything's sagging :( I may have to save up for a tummy tuck. It's so not fair that the NHS pays for gastric surgery but not for the after effects of weight loss. I've still got another 2 stone or 2 dress sizes to drop and I'll be happy. Not going back to eating any carbs though, apart from when I'm away and can't find anything else. But I can always have salads.

Weight loss has been particularly hard as I'm on hormone treatment following breast cancer and all the drugs I'm on have weight gain as a side effect. But losing carbs has always been far easier than restricting intake or counting calories. And it works!
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• Wow congratulations on your weigh loss.

I have been low carb for a few weeks now and had lost 5 ponds but gained 2 this week but I have not changed my eating pattern. I am having less than 50g of carbs each day. Should I cut this down more?

I don't measure my carbs, so couldn't tell you if I eat 20 or 50 a day.
    All I can tell you is that I don't eat ANY potatoes, rice, pasta, refined carbs of any sort, no breads etc.

All my carbs come from fruit and veggies.

I lose more weight if I keep the root veggies and fruit to a minimum and eat more fat though.

Hope that helps.
  • Macros? I don't have a clue what they are. Lol. I just follow the recipes on the diet doctor website, eat lots of protein and fat, only eat 'above the ground' veggies, apart from celeriac and sweet potatoes and snack on pork scratchings.
    Have the occasional sugar free jelly or egg custard when I need something sweet.
    I nicked a quality street the other day, from the Xmas stash, and had to spit it out because it was too sweet!

The only problem I have now is that everything's sagging :( I may have to save up for a tummy tuck. It's so not fair that the NHS pays for gastric surgery but not for the after effects of weight loss. I've still got another 2 stone or 2 dress sizes to drop and I'll be happy. Not going back to eating any carbs though, apart from when I'm away and can't find anything else. But I can always have salads.

Weight loss has been particularly hard as I'm on hormone treatment following breast cancer and all the drugs I'm on have weight gain as a side effect. But losing carbs has always been far easier than restricting intake or counting calories. And it works!

I can only suggest swimming and working out with weights now and then. Swimming is excellent for tightening up the skin and the odd few weights you can lift too.

If you start as the weight is leaving you, you will have better results than if you wait until you're at your desired level and then start.
  • Allotrope
    Allotrope Posts: 158 Forumite
    Thanks for the diet doctor recommendation! I've been trying to motivate myself for a while but I like the recopes and am going to give the 2 week trial a go :)
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I just use the free version, you still have access to all the recipes. I too just cut out the carbs like pop up pirate, I do use the free Myfitnesspal, just so I have a reference point.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    The cold weather and St Patrick's day broke me, the low carb diet has vanished. To be honest I think ll wait until the weather gets warmer

Here's hoping 😋

Kevin
  • pamsdish
    Struggling also, oh well Spring has sprung so hopeful of a better frame of mind.
  • Anyone back on the wagon?
    I started a fortnight ago and have lost a size and feeling so much healthier, so I am very pleased. Spurred me on for the next fortnight......and the rest of my life probably!
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • pamsdish
    Oh please help me, start everyday good intentions, then fail by evening, please give me more inspiration,
    I will try again tomorrow, promise, if I could just get the first few days in I am sure I will be fine.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure