What is the best way to pay for a private car sale?

Options
How is it best to pay 3k to a private seller for a car? Bank transfer with online banking? Bankers draft?

Comments

• BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    How is it best to pay 3k to a private seller for a car? Bank transfer with online banking? Bankers draft?

Faster Payments transfer or cash. As a seller I won't take anything else, as a banker's draft requires me to physically visit the bank to access the money and the nearest branch to me is 25mi away.
  • AdventureRocks
    Options
    Faster Payments transfer or cash. As a seller I won't take anything else, as a banker's draft requires me to physically visit the bank to access the money and the nearest branch to me is 25mi away.

Thanks i am unfamiliar with this stuff.

If i was buying from you what would happen next does a bit of the V5 get ripped off buy the seller and sent to DVLA and they give me the V5 document ?

I just then need to tax and insure before driving away ?
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Thanks i am unfamiliar with this stuff.

If i was buying from you what would happen next does a bit of the V5 get ripped off buy the seller and sent to DVLA and they give me the V5 document ?

I just then need to tax and insure before driving away ?

You will need to fill in the main section of the V5 with your details as the new keeper, and the seller needs to post it off to DVLA. You should be given the green part of the V5 document, called the V5C/2. The document reference number on the green slip MUST be the one you use to tax the vehicle either online, by phone or at post office. Do NOT use the reference number off the main part of the V5.
  • loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    for that amount cash or bacs
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    At that amount I'd probably use cash as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure