Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Welcome back BEG :wave: well done for maintaining! :T

Our consultant made the Christmas cake too Lois, I really liked it but it needs a few tweaks to make it more Christmassy which would up the syns..

Last night's weigh in was pants with a STS :( not sure why. I'm going to start writing everything down again and go back to basics, the new magazine came today so hopefully it'll inspire me.

Been out to the dentist and shopping today, passed the lovely butchers in town so grabbed some lamb shanks for tea... :drool: can't wait now :j we haven't had lamb since last xmas if I remember rightly!

so menu for today
    B - melon
    L - ciabatta roll (heb) bacon, sauce (1)
    T - lamb shanks, mash, carrots, green beans, gravy (1)
    S - yogurt and apple, crisps(5)

have good one xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• can't see if I've reported the final verdict was a 1lb gain this week :) I'll take that!

Back on it - target revised down to what I want to be in the end now - I'm going to reset my progress on my online profile but not scrap all my awards etc (I'm 1lb away from my stone award now and then I'll just continue on award wise in class) I need to get my 1st and my club 10 again in class :)

Today it's Friday and so I am flexing as usual to have my slice of carrot cake as me and the finance manager do every Friday :)

This weekend we are away. breakfast at the hotel is £9.90 per person so that's a no! I've made a wheatbran cake for Saturday and one for sunday (got other bits for other two) Saturday night is a party, sunday night we'll be home for tea/i'll encourage a stop for a carvery) need to see what there is in the area lunch wise - I'll look that up now :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,481
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well done Lush, that's a very small gain for a holiday! Wish mine had been the same!

That's good planning for the weekend. Can never understand why hotel breakfasts are so expensive but they always are.

Denise
  • beanielou wrote: »
    b e g ~~ Good to see you.
    Great news on still being at target.
    Take care.

Thanks beanie. It's good to be back.

greentiger wrote: »
    Good to see you back, b_e_g.

:hello: greentiger x

Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

It was lovely and moist, but not really Christmas cake as we know it - I wouldn't offer it to non-SW friends and family, put it that way. As someone else said, better to have a small piece of the real thing and count the syns.

I find I would rather do this with most of the SW desserts to be honest.

Welcome back b_e_g. Well done for maintaining for 5 months, particularly with other issues going on in your life. You're doing the right thing by going to group every week, it keeps your mind focussed and you're an inspiration to other class members too. There are quite a few target members in my group who go every week however when I went to group before the target members tended to weigh and go which meant you didn't have that wealth of experience to tap into.

Thank you so much Lois x

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • [QUOTE=maman;71451859

Great to see you back b-e-g and delighted you've stayed at target while you've been away.:A

Having managed a syn free day yesterday I'm planning how to tighten up today. I'm drinking plenty of water, well on my way to 2 litres. I've put NAS Ribena on my shopping list so that I can substitute hot squash for some teas to make sure I stay within my HEA. Tonight I'm not having wine syns to balance off the ones I shouldn't have had on Wednesday:o. We're going to the theatre so it'll be easier and I'm not having ice cream in the interval either. I've done my meal plan for the week and I've got another syn free day planned.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, 2 fried eggs, half HEB toast, tomato, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO hash, pickled cabbage
    D: smoked haddock, SW chips, green stuff (and mushrooms and tomato if I get the shop done).
    Syns: NONE!

DH proudly said he's only done one slice of toast this morning because he wants to help me. Then he said he doesn't think I'll want to have Crunchie at football on Sunday. That may be a step too far!;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome back maman.

You sound as though you are on a mission. Have you tried the Ribena Winter Spice (its no sugar added). Bought some for Mum this morning to make a change from tea and coffee for her and it was half price at Sainsbobs. Def think the Crunchie was a step too far :rotfl:

joedenise wrote: »
    Well done B-E-G to maintaining with everything else which has been going on. Going to group definitely helps to keep you focussed.

Thanks Denise its good to be back among you all. Would love to catch up on all that I've missed but I know thats not going to happen :rotfl:.

shala_moo wrote: »
    Welcome back BEG :wave: well done for maintaining! :T

Last night's weigh in was pants with a STS :( not sure why. I'm going to start writing everything down again and go back to basics, the new magazine came today so hopefully it'll inspire me.

Been out to the dentist and shopping today, passed the lovely butchers in town so grabbed some lamb shanks for tea... :drool: can't wait now :j we haven't had lamb since last xmas if I remember rightly!

:wave: shala. I think going back to basics can help some times as I know that I can become a bit complacent at times and think I'm being good when that isn't always necessarily the case lol. Last night we had the chicken korma and mango curry from the calendar that came free with the latest mag and have bought the stuff for the prawn and chorizo paella to try later in week.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lois, I agree that that omelette looks very tasty!

Crunchie deprivation, maman! That is not on!

I LOVE Christmas cake! I’ll have to get mine made very soon. And I love lamb too, shala.

Friday

Breakfast: kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, ff Greek yogurt, hexb toast & jam (2)
    Lunch: hm pea & ham soup, Milbona ff banana & custard yogurt (1?), banana
    Snack: WW carrot cake (5)
    Dinner: spaghetti Bolognese, parmesan (1 ½ )
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: 9 ½ Syns saved: 5 ½ Syns carried forward: 0 Syns balance:5 ½

Big game tomorrow – I promise not to fall out with beanie, whatever the result!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Good evening, everyone, I am a bit late with posting my menu but, here it is now...EE day

Breakfast.. Bran flakes A/B raspberries.

Lunch. Pea and bacon soup, ( onion leek peas carrots garlic Bacon) sausage sandwich.6 Syns Apple.
    Dinner .. chicken breast mixed veg new potatoes.asda cornetto 5 Syns.

Extras 2 Rivita 3 syns.
    14 Syns.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    can't see if I've reported the final verdict was a 1lb gain this week :) I'll take that!

Today it's Friday and so I am flexing as usual to have my slice of carrot cake as me and the finance manager do every Friday :)

Wow, what a great result, well done. You deserve the carrot cake, hope you enjoyed it.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Lol greentiger.
    Was there something with one of your players/managers & Jim Leishman who used to pay for the Pars?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Tell you what, I'm craving chocolate a lot in the evenings right now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure