How do I find out if I had PPI?

I had a loan with Welcome Finance a while ago and i'm not sure if I had PPI on the original loan or not.

I took out a loan in about 2003 which I think had payment insurance on it, over a period of time I was silly and kept adding to the loan but each time the old loan was payed off and a new loan taken out. So if my loan balance was for £2000 but then I wanted a further £500 on it I took out a new agreement for £2500.

In total i've had 4 or 5 loan accounts through doing this. I no longer have the original paperwork but how do I find out if I had PPI on any of them and if so what do you think the chances are of claiming it back?
If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    hoyles10 wrote: »
    I had a loan with Welcome Finance a while ago and i'm not sure if I had PPI on the original loan or not.

I took out a loan in about 2003 which I think had payment insurance on it, over a period of time I was silly and kept adding to the loan but each time the old loan was payed off and a new loan taken out. So if my loan balance was for £2000 but then I wanted a further £500 on it I took out a new agreement for £2500.

In total i've had 4 or 5 loan accounts through doing this. I no longer have the original paperwork but how do I find out if I had PPI on any of them and if so what do you think the chances are of claiming it back?

Hello there.;)

Just write to them, enclose a £1 postal order or cheque payment, and request a true copy of your CCA (Agreement), tell them you look forward to receiving this by 12 days of your date of request.

Post by recorded delivery.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    To save confusion, as you had a few loans, you could request a SAR as well, they go back for at least 6 years if you live in England or Wales and 5 years in Scotland, however I was lucky enough to receive information on all my accounts going back even earlier years.
    This was a different company though.

They have 40 days to comply, but there is a charge of £10 postal order or cheque payment for this request.

This SAR should include information of everything they hold on you, such as loans/insurance etc.

You may have to give them more details if you've no account number, such as your date of birth, any different address and surnames if you lived elsewhere when taken out other loans etc.

Here is the SAR template letter here, and post by recorded delivery, good luck.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

If you require help with PPI reclaiming please let us know.;)
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    That's great thanks very much, i'll sort that out today then. In for a penny in for a pound as they say :)

What does SAR stand for? Sorry if i'm being numb :D
  • di3004
    hoyles10 wrote: »
    That's great thanks very much, i'll sort that out today then. In for a penny in for a pound as they say :)

What does SAR stand for? Sorry if i'm being numb :D

Your welcome.:D;)

Oops sorry, Its a Subject access request, where they "must" provide you with everything as requested as shown on the request.
    No your not being dumb lol, we have all been there, and they say we learn something new everyday.:D;).

Good luck and if you do need further help, ask away anytime.

Di
    X

PS, will add this link here as well in regards of PPI reclaiming guidelines with templates etc, and when your ready, let us know.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
  • It would be an absolute miracle if you have an agreement with Welcome that DOESN'T include PPI, as wel as other silly insurances.

Send to this address...

Compliance Department
    Welcome Finance
    Mere Way
    Ruddington Fields Business Park
    Ruddington
    Nottingham NG11 6NZ
    Cabot can now kiss my DONKEY. Statute barred is enough of a result, but the actions of the CABOT FAN CLUB have cost them far more than the paltry sums they were chasing us for. :beer:
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Thanks Hippocampus, you've answered the question I came on for before I even asked it :)
  • Hi
    I don't know if i had a ppi with blackhorse how do i find out?
  • Does any1 know the rules and regulations regarding reclaiming PPI on a friend or relatives behalf??

I'm pretty sure after speaking with a friend that he has been paying PPI on a fair few credit cards without knowing wanting or asking for the product, he says he doesn't have the time to reclaim as a lot is going on in his life right now but would be happy for me to do it on his behalf.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • I've never had any loans but have had a few credit cards in the past and not sure whether I had PPI. How do I find out if I did? Most of the sites I've seen focus on loans and I have no idea of where to start!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Devenney16 wrote: »
    Does any1 know the rules and regulations regarding reclaiming PPI on a friend or relatives behalf??

I'm pretty sure after speaking with a friend that he has been paying PPI on a fair few credit cards without knowing wanting or asking for the product, he says he doesn't have the time to reclaim as a lot is going on in his life right now but would be happy for me to do it on his behalf.

Any help would be appreciated.
    There are several places on the FOS questionnaire which ask for details of someone acting on behalf of the claimant. Although these are generally used by Claims Management Companies, it should be a simple matter for your friend to include your name and address as the person acting for him.
    Follow the simple steps here
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance

Print off the FOS questionnaire template and get your friend to sign giving their permission for you to act for them..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure