Forces Pension Society

Is this organisation any good?

As a 70 year old ex forces with pre existing medical conditions I am looking for annual travel insurance and have heard somewhere that good discounts are to be had by becoming a member?

Comments

• Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not sure you have the right organisation. I think they just give pension advice, which I have heard that are very good at.

For travel insurance try Forces Mutual. I have never used them, so this is not a recommendation.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you.

It is the correct organisation, I looked on their website, costs just over £30 to join and become eligible for the insurance.

Unfortunately you can't scope out the polict, t&cs etc until you join so you can't really find out if the insurance is suitable.

I have now found NFOP and the membership is about the same but the insurance details can be seen prior to signing up.

To me it looks a good deal. Insurance for a couple, worldwide including cruise and winter sports cover is £275.

Definately worth looking into to see if it suits.
  • frankie wrote: »
    Is this organisation any good?

As a 70 year old ex forces with pre existing medical conditions I am looking for annual travel insurance and have heard somewhere that good discounts are to be had by becoming a member?

I was having trouble getting travel insurance for an undiagnosed condition for my wife and ended up going with the Nationwide Flexplus bank account in the end. They covered us at a cost of £129 on top of the £13 month account fees which also includes breakdown and mobile phone cover.
    May be worth giving the health screening number a call to see if they'll cover you. (Valid up to age 75)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure