DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Comments

• kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    I received an email today from a collections company asking me to setup a payment plan for a parking fine?

This has nothing to do with me & is a case of mistaken identity, someone with the same name as me.

I have told them to pursue the person who the car belongs to through the dvla & to remove any details about me from their systems.

They say that a ccj has been issued, so I know that they are going to come back to me again about this.

I have read something somewhere about a prove it letter, could this be used to get them off my back & chase the rightful owner?

This is hassle I could do without. :(
  • kram wrote: »
    I received an email today from a collections company asking me to setup a payment plan for a parking fine?

This has nothing to do with me & is a case of mistaken identity, someone with the same name as me.

I have told them to pursue the person who the car belongs to through the dvla & to remove any details about me from their systems.

They say that a ccj has been issued, so I know that they are going to come back to me again about this.

I have read something somewhere about a prove it letter, could this be used to get them off my back & chase the rightful owner?

Sounds a bit like a scam to me?

Does the email contain any of your details which would demonstrate that it could be genuine?
    Take a look at this:
    https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/alert/fake-ukpc-parking-ticket-emails-loaded-with-malware

Good luck.
    DMP launched 04/07/17 left to pay = £14,238.79 (£16,982.82 original debt.) Thanks to MSE & all you wonderful Forum Peeps!:T
  • Changingtimes
    Changingtimes Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 October 2018 at 10:22PM
    I am going for it. I have started my Step Change paperwork so am hoping to have my DMP set up soon. As of now all payments made and no defaults, I spoke to my bank today informed them of my plans. Just a couple of questions to those already in a DMP with SC.
    1. How easy was it to find a new bank account?
    2. Do SC have a portal so you can keep track of what they are paying and to whom?
    3. Do I contact all creditors and inform them of my plans before the DMP set up and ask for SOA ?
    4. Do I cancel CPA and direct debits now?
    5. It has been suggested I complain to PDL companies for irresponsible lending is this recommended at this stage?( I appreciate I used the money and I owe it) but really they don't check things properly just offer you more and more.).

I am determined to get myself back in track, debt currently approx £22000 with I think 10 creditors.
    I am scared, worried but determined to be happy and debt free again.
    :T:T:T

Started 2019 with £22,5000 debt - March 2021 Debt free - stick with it people I did and now never felt better
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    kram wrote: »

I’m getting loads of spam emails right now, latest yesterday was supposed to be from TV licensing, my DD had failed, I knew it hadn’t, and the address it came from was not TVL, but looked convincing.

Anyway, you do not have to respond to email, phone calls, or texts, just good old fashioned letters, so unless they write to you, ignore it.

Worst thing you can do is start conversing with them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • purplepaws wrote: »
    Hi there!
    Just a quickie - can anyone advise me if StepChange are likely to ask for payslips when setting up a DMP?
    OH due a huge payment (pay increment that his employer 'forgot' to implement in January 2018!) which will (hopefully) be paid with this months wages.
    So, whilst I'm keen to get the DMP started, the wage slips will show that he is paid more than he normally would be.
    Thanks in advance.

You could just explain that to StepChange and that it’s not a regular payment? If they have other payslips to confirm the regular wage then I don’t see why that would be a problem.

Also, I don’t want to send my bank statements to Payplan which Sourcrates told me was my decision so hopefully the same applies to payslips!
  • I’m need to clarify a couple of things regarding my debts and want to do this by post. If I don’t have a specific address to send queries, can I use a standard customer service postal address and mark the letters fao Collections? Or is there a better way to get my correspondence in?

Where possible, I’ve used online messaging systems already.
  • Slytherin wrote: »
    I’m need to clarify a couple of things regarding my debts and want to do this by post. If I don’t have a specific address to send queries, can I use a standard customer service postal address and mark the letters fao Collections? Or is there a better way to get my correspondence in?

Where possible, I’ve used online messaging systems already.
    Hi, exactly which DCA or creditor are you referring? (As maybe someone will have a different address for you?)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone :wave:

I did the SC Debt Remedy this morning just to see what they would be advising me if I was starting my DMP now - because I am no longer working and income has changed significantly since we first started our journey (almost four years ago).

The advised bankruptcy or IVA - which are a definite no, no, no !!! for us as we are homeowners (with mortgage).

Anyway - I didn't panic over the result, but I could imagine anyone just starting their journing and receiving those options would have panicked like mad. I'm just glad I've learnt so much from this site over the last few years :)

Oh... and I'm still waiting on responses to those F&F offers - frustrating starting to set in now :rotfl:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Morning everyone :wave:

I did the SC Debt Remedy this morning just to see what they would be advising me if I was starting my DMP now..

The advised bankruptcy or IVA - which are a definite no, no, no !!! for us as we are homeowners (with mortgage).

Anyway - I didn't panic over the result, but I could imagine anyone just starting their journing and receiving those options would have panicked like mad.

I think the debt remedy tool, although helpful, is a bit all encompassing and does not take into account an individuals personal circumstances.

You have done very well, so far, with your DMP, you have to develop at thick skin, and become a virtual expert overnight in order to not get railroaded by creditors, it seems these last 3 years have just flown by.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 20 October 2018 at 11:37AM
    Oh... and I'm still waiting on responses to those F&F offers - frustrating starting to set in now :rotfl:

How long has it been, January?

I've got my first 2 F&F offers drafted and hopefully ready to pop in the post on Monday. I'm very impatient once I actually get round to making a positive move:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback