Booking myself in for an independent future

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope works out job wise.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • BookmobileBadGirl
    Options
    Today has been an admin based day:

- went to TSB to sort out my credit card account that hasn't worked properly since the IT "upgrade"
    - went to HSBC to finally get my online banking sorted, was stuck on the phone banking
    - sorted out my new BT contract (I can't change from BT, everyone in my building is stuck with BT)
    - returned a dress I bought online that wasn't quite right, £40 back in my account soon
    - finally was able to cash out some money from TopCashBack. Opted for vouchers so I can buy more Clinique stuff, should work out for "free"

Tomorrow:
    - final training run before event
    - cancel my gym membership, the classes were fun but I am back to fitness so can go back to just running outdoors
    - tidy flat
    - get euro
    Mortgage £75,300 (December 2016) Mortgage Free Date December 2051

Mortgage £9,650 (April 2024) Mortgage Free Date August 2024
  • beanielou
    Options
    Did you gert your TSB CC sorted out.
    I have given up.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• BookmobileBadGirl
    Options
    I had a lovely long weekend on the continent, my run didn't go to plan due to the 28 degree heat but I got round, ended up spending a bit more than anticipated AND had to lend some money to my travel companion but had a lovely day trip to another site that I wanted to see.

My new job is finally all sorted and I have handed in my notice, which feels amazing, I have so much leave left that they have allowed me to be paid it so should get a bumper final pay.

Just made my overpayment of the money left over from May so that is another £67.02 overpaid.

I finally got to the stage where I could take money out from TopCashBack, I opted for Zeek vouchers as they had the best uplift, then bought a gift card for look fantastic from Zeek (getting £6.30 from TopCashBack for being a new Zeek customer) bought lots of my Clinique products from look fantastic (getting 15% from TopCashBack for being a new look fantastic customer). It was all very exciting for me, so just need to wait until I can take out more money.

I keep toying with the idea to overpay my student loan each month. I know it makes no financial sense and I would be better throwing it at my mortgage but mentally I would feel much better knowing that my student loan will be gone

• beanielou
    Options
    Good news on handing in your notice & the bumper pay :j

• BookmobileBadGirl
    Options
    Just working out my notice, it seems to be taking forever, particularly as I like to be busy at work and now the days just drag.

My flat has floor to ceiling Windows which are great for letting in light but extremely difficult to buy curtains for as the drop is greater than any ready made curtains. I have had some ikea ones up since I moved in two years ago but they are so thin and let in all the light. I had a quote from Laura Ashley for almost £200 (and that was in the sale) for made to measure curtains. It just seems such a lot but I am fed up of being woken up at 5am by the sun

• blocpartyfan
    Options
    Just working out my notice, it seems to be taking forever, particularly as I like to be busy at work and now the days just drag.

I definitely know that pain :( I've a countdown diary, and I write something positive that happened at work and cross off each day. It's helped a lot, especially as the days have felt long, drawn out and painful but I now look back at the months and the lovely experiences/comments/feedback that I'd otherwise have forgotten. And now I'm only one week away :beer::beer:
    Mortgage when started:
    Jan 2013: £200,999; 2nd Jan 2018: £137,500; 2nd Jan 2019: £119,000; 2nd Jan 2020: £98,800; 22nd May 2020: £81,000; 27th July 2020: £71,500
    Mortgage free day planned for: [STRIKE]25th June 2025 (day before my 40th birthday!)[/STRIKE] 31st December 2021
    [/STRIKE] 31st January 2022
    Mortgage free: 2nd June 2021!!!!!!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Why dont you buy the curtains as you know you will have a bumper pay day?

• BookmobileBadGirl
    Options
    End of month overpayment made of £155.55

It would have been a more but treated myself to some new professional work clothes. This does mean I am not on track to reach my 10k in two years target

Have submitted all my delay repay claims for last week, I am so glad to not have to commute through Waterloo again

• BookmobileBadGirl
    Options
    July direct debit overpayment of £102 has gone out

New job is going well, am going to have to get used to paying for travel and claiming back. Must make sure that I am hot on that so as not to confuse my budgets too much.

Still need to overpay by £1k to reach my target by December, am not sure I will be able to manage that

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport