Fantastic tradition for little ones

Comments

• What a fab idea!!

I am going to print the stuff and then when christmas eve comes we have to nip out so the elf will visit then and leave new p's and slippers;)

I am also going to see if my 2 and half year old will give up her bottles so I am going to ask her to leave them out for the elf and he will then leave her some new beakers in their place along with a thank you note:D
  • I read this thread and thought what a lovely idea but I'll never find a suitable elf. The next day I found a small white snowman type soft toy with a little hat and scarf on for 89p in a charity shop. I think he will do nicely! He will arrive next weekend and bring the advent calendars. He is going to check up on room tidying, homework and reading and he might do some naughty things too! I have printed off the letters etc from the organised christmas website but does anyone know where I could get a nice Christmas background so I could do my own letter and make it more personal?

Thanks in advance.

Dolly
  • catwoman
    catwoman Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post
    This would freak my 6 year old Daughter out! She wouldn't like an elf living with us, as it is we have to write santa a note on christmas eve to tell him not to go into her room and please leave any presents downstairs!
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ... does anyone know where I could get a nice Christmas background so I could do my own letter and make it more personal?

I have discs full of Christmas background papers that were free off the net, if you pm me with what sort of thing you want I'll try to find some for you. Other option is to search for 'free digital scrap booking Christmas papers' or something like that. There's loads of freebies to be found on the web ;)

There are loads of free stationery sites too, I'll be back with a link shortly -

Here you go http://www.familyshoppingbag.com/christmas_printables.htm scroll down to Stationery and Lists, there are 2 really pretty ones there

or http://www.theholidayspot.com/christmas/stationary/

;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • i have found the most adorable elf on amazon, BUT its from america and they cant get it to me b4 17th dec!!!! :O
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • :T :T :T i have found an "elf" (well dwarf). it is 1 of snow whites dwarfs, but i have got some bells and ribbon and i am going to add these to him to make him a bit more xmasy! including PP it was £4.50.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • where do you find the names of elfs? is it just a name that comes to you or can you find elf names online?

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • Elvish name generators here and here.
    XX
    "...Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
    but that we are powerful beyond measure". :o

- Nelson Mandela.
  • Hi all

I have been looking for some cute little elfs to give my children as a parting present on xmas eve from Santas Elf.

I found some really nice hand knitted ones on EBay, the lady does all sorts, Father Xmas, Angels, Snowmen, Elfs etc... as well as non christmas items.

Ianyone is interested for their children her user name is s.gifmostynman. I asked her to make me 4 elfs approx 5 inches high (one each for my children) and inc psotage is making all 4 for £5.50!

I have no connection at all with the EBayer (found her today whilst looking for some elfs) just wanted to share my good find as i am really pleased.

For those who are still looking for a Elf she may be able to do you a large size one if you dont mind it knitted.
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
  • Dolly, here are some links to free digital scrapbooking kits with lovely 'papers' (backgrounds).

Here

Here

Here

Here

I hope some of those appeal!

XX
    "...Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
    but that we are powerful beyond measure". :o

- Nelson Mandela.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories