Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marker
    • By Marker 18th Jun 08, 10:48 AM
    • 3,070Posts
    • 3,974Thanks
    Marker
    Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here!
    • 18th Jun 08, 10:48 AM
    Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here! 18th Jun 08 at 10:48 AM
    Am looking to go to Florida next year August or September time. Would like to fly into Sanford or Intl. Only want one week doing all the disney and seaworld things but wanted to know where the best place to book everything from as will have military discount as well.

Any ideas appreciated.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Deborah; 28-10-2008 at 7:17 PM.
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum
    Tesco - 1000 , Carpet - 20, Barclaycard - 50, HSBC - 50 + Car - 1700
    SAVED =0
    Debts - 2850
Page 3
    • clarkey1000
    • By clarkey1000 26th Jun 08, 11:24 AM
    • 172 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    clarkey1000
    Ask them to show their ID when they check in.

If they can't then make them pay the 10% they saved when booking!
  • Maisie
    Don't have an answer to your post but must say your site and facilities look amazing.
    • Marker
    • By Marker 26th Jun 08, 11:47 AM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 3,974 Thanks
    Marker
    Thanks for all the info guys, will be very useful. Will definatly check out the shades of green hotel x
    Touch my bum
    SAVED =0
    Debts - 2850
    • razra
    • By razra 26th Jun 08, 1:07 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 1,529 Thanks
    razra
    Euro car parts do a discount, amount seems to vary a bit just ask for military discount

and dont forget Dell do a discount too (*if you like their PC's )
    June Grocery Challenge 270.80/250July Grocery Challenge 0/300
  • Fergys
    Forces Travel
    We've found Forces Holidays really good - they are a small company based in St Albans; most of their reps have spent time in their resorts and they offer a reasonable selection of things like centreparcs (Europe); canvas etc; but also Spain and Greece etc - very reasonable. And great Cust Service!

http://www.forcestravel.com/

And the best thing about it is...that you don't have to be a member of the forces to benefit, anyone can book!
  • batch.rhodes
    Disney Discounts
    If you go to "Shades of Green" a US Forces Hotel inside Disney (Magic Kingdom if memory serves but it is signposted) you can get there without paying just show your ID at the entrance. Once there you can buy discounted park tickets. You can also park for free at the hotel and they run a shuttle to all disney parks and waterparks regularly. I'm sure this is listed in the discount brochure.
    • 1012donna
    • By 1012donna 26th Jun 08, 8:35 PM
    • 11,214 Posts
    • 10,190 Thanks
    1012donna
    I thought that being British we could get into shades of green to purchase tickets but couldn't stay there. Can someone confirm whether they've stayed there or not? Ta!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68

• CadairViewLodge
    Thanks Maisie, glad that you like it. When shall I book you in for a quiet weekend?

We will soon be able to offer breaks which also include a hobby or activity. We already offer photography courses but will soon be offering animation, flower arranging, various styles of painting, a book lovers retreat (including discusion group), poetry writing and talks on how to garden to encourage butterflies! There are more in the pipeline.

If anyone would like to deliver a course on our premises we're always open to suggestions or offers.
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 27th Jun 08, 5:07 AM
    • 7,263 Posts
    • 3,954 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    Looks nice, and local to where my family are from.

Might be in touch to hire it out for a week, depends on the price really..
  • lee634
    I am afraid there is no advertising allowed on MSE...

Originally posted by mountainchrisriver
    whilst we know there is no advertising allowed on MSE how are we in the Armed forces supposed to find out we can get discounts without people letting us know, would you be happy if the link was removed
  • SomersetSnowman
    Discounts at Sea Life ans Busch Gardens
    Hi all.

Go to www.herosalute.com and register with your address where you are staying in America. You need a Zip code. When you have done that, you can print off a voucher for free enty to one of the resorts listed and take it to the park. You get a wrist band/dog tags and are really looked after while you there.
  • ChipRAFP
    It seems unless your foreign forces under US Orders then this is the case:

Unfortunately, you would not be eligible to stay at Shades of Green.
    You would be eligible to come to the resort to purchase discount
    attraction tickets. Please view our current attraction ticket prices at
    http://www.shadesofgreen.org/ATS.htm.
    Kindest Regards,
    Courtney
    Shades of Green reservations
    "Serving those who Serve"
    • Marker
    • By Marker 27th Jun 08, 3:21 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 3,974 Thanks
    Marker
    It seems unless your foreign forces under US Orders then this is the case:

Unfortunately, you would not be eligible to stay at Shades of Green.
    You would be eligible to come to the resort to purchase discount
    attraction tickets. Please view our current attraction ticket prices at
    http://www.shadesofgreen.org/ATS.htm.
    Kindest Regards,
    Courtney
    Shades of Green reservations
    "Serving those who Serve"
    Originally posted by ChipRAFP
    Hi Courtney. So British soldiers just in Florida on holiday wont be able to stay at the Shades of Green hotel, they are only allowed to purchase discounted tickets?
    Touch my bum
    SAVED =0
    Debts - 2850
  • ChipRAFP
    I am not Courtney she is the lady that replied to me But yes tickets only unless you are in the US under US Orders.
  • Nedsden
    We always ask if places do a Forces discount .... they aren't always advertised but loads of places will give you the equivalent of student discount or sometimes staff discount.
    Vue cinemas is one we use regularly - you can get in for student price, it saves a fortune.
    • foxyp
    • By foxyp 27th Jun 08, 6:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    foxyp
    Discounts at Sea Life
    Hi Somerset Snowman,

Thanks for this. I looked at the voucher but it wouldn't accept a UK postcode. Good advice to put your hotel address in.

We'll be there over Christmas and New Year. The flights have cost an arm and a leg so we're looking to make savings wherever we can.
    • foxyp
    • By foxyp 27th Jun 08, 6:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    foxyp
    SYHA ?? Had to do a search and found Scottish Youth Hostel Association, for anyone else who'se wondering.
    • 1012donna
    • By 1012donna 27th Jun 08, 8:29 PM
    • 11,214 Posts
    • 10,190 Thanks
    1012donna
    That's what I thought!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68

• ChipRAFP
    BMI flights give a HUGE discount on flights qoute "MODbmicorp" when booking (go to special offers and type in that code)
    Originally posted by Cat695
    I dont see anywhere to put that code?
  • ex-crab
    Forces Discounts Sites
    http://www.forcesdiscounts-mod.co.uk/ is the official MOD discount site. Agree that some of the discounts are pretty good while others are just discount vouchers available elsewhere. Another good link is http://www.forcesdiscount.com which has been going for over ten years.
    I noticed today they have put up info on Stamford Homes Forces Package offering 5% deposit paid and other discounts for property purchase.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,360Posts Today

6,843Users online

Martin's Twitter