Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tregz11
    • By Tregz11 21st Nov 19, 8:15 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 51Thanks
    Tregz11
    Being sworn at by sky
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:15 PM
    Being sworn at by sky 21st Nov 19 at 8:15 PM
    Im absolutely livid that today i missed a phone call from sky customer retention service. My phone went to answer phone. When i checked the voicemail some time later i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it. Before i lose my temper with this....what would you guys do??
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 21st Nov 19, 8:28 PM
    • 3,971 Posts
    • 5,671 Thanks
    venison
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:28 PM
    Ignore and move on would be my advice, or you could go the true mse way and demand 10000000 compo for mis-selling or would that be missed-swearing?
    As they say "have a nice day".
    For the many NOT the few
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 21st Nov 19, 8:28 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 4,983 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Get on with your life.
    • Masomnia
    • By Masomnia 21st Nov 19, 8:43 PM
    • 18,100 Posts
    • 40,349 Thanks
    Masomnia
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:43 PM
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:43 PM
    Was it definitely at you?

If it's like the company I used to work for they'll sack him if you complain.
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. - P.G. Wodehouse
    • undetterred
    • By undetterred 21st Nov 19, 8:46 PM
    • 562 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    undetterred
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:46 PM
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:46 PM
    Grow a set, or take them out of your wifes purse..
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 21st Nov 19, 8:54 PM
    • 31,726 Posts
    • 65,983 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:54 PM
    • 21st Nov 19, 8:54 PM
    Im absolutely livid that today i missed a phone call from sky customer retention service. My phone went to answer phone. When i checked the voicemail some time later i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it. Before i lose my temper with this....what would you guys do??
    Originally posted by Tregz11
    I'd wait for them to call again (they will).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 21st Nov 19, 9:03 PM
    • 27,499 Posts
    • 38,664 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 21st Nov 19, 9:03 PM
    • 21st Nov 19, 9:03 PM
    Are you sure it was a genuine Sky phone call? Plenty of scammers out there pretending to be all sorts of things.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • Tregz11
    • By Tregz11 21st Nov 19, 9:05 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Tregz11
    • 21st Nov 19, 9:05 PM
    • 21st Nov 19, 9:05 PM
    yes i have googled the phone number. im angry that someone can cold call me and leave me that message. what if my son answered that?
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 21st Nov 19, 10:27 PM
    • 31,726 Posts
    • 65,983 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 21st Nov 19, 10:27 PM
    • 21st Nov 19, 10:27 PM
    yes i have googled the phone number. im angry that someone can cold call me and leave me that message. what if my son answered that?
    If you feel that strongly, then report it - but seal the deal first.

Many teleservices employ kids and it's a harsh life lesson they have to learn early. I can't imagine an adult with responsibilities would leave a profane message on your phone.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • miriamac
    • By miriamac 21st Nov 19, 10:35 PM
    • 1,248 Posts
    • 2,682 Thanks
    miriamac
    Scammers can make it look like they're calling from any number they want.

Until we got a call screener we used to be plagued by calls which seemed to be from local numbers, but were actually from cold callers and scammers from all sorts of places.

Then there's this one, supposedly from HMRC (scroll down to the bit on 'Bogus Phone Calls') https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phishing-and-bogus-emails-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples/phishing-emails-and-bogus-contact-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples

I have heard that some government offices have been getting calls from people who've been on the receiving end of one of those scam calls, and have then re-dialled the number they see coming up on their phones. That shows that the scammers are able to make it look as if they are calling from a government office.

It may well have been the case that a SKY employee swore at you - but it may well have been a scam call too!
    • stephen77
    • By stephen77 21st Nov 19, 11:13 PM
    • 9,127 Posts
    • 11,871 Thanks
    stephen77
    I. When i checked the voicemail some time later i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it. ?
    What were his exact words?
    a little more details please as eg

There is a big difference between some one eg
    "pick up the f'ing phone" said under his breath and not realising you have gone to voicemail.
    and
    "MRS tregz you f'ing stupid fat slutty beatch" said in an aggressive manner.
    I have no idea if you are MRS, just my example if I have misgendered you.

While neither is great, one is more of mistake and the other is more nasty and I think the action for both would be different.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 21st Nov 19, 11:17 PM
    • 20,184 Posts
    • 51,429 Thanks
    elsien
    Presumably if your son had answered they wouldn't have needed to leave the answerphone message, sweary or not.
    What did they say? A "bloody hell" when they realise you're not in although not great is a very different scenario to "Tregz11 you are a @@@@ @@@@@@"
    Your "it certainly sounded like it" implies it may not have been entirely clear.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 22nd Nov 19, 8:44 AM
    • 24,081 Posts
    • 64,803 Thanks
    Pollycat
    But he didn't.

If you are 100% sure that the caller was swearing at you - and you feel like making a fuss - contact SKY and complain.
    Last edited by Pollycat; 22-11-2019 at 1:43 PM.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 22nd Nov 19, 9:30 AM
    • 13,753 Posts
    • 16,934 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Moved to Praise, Vent and Warnings.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Angel_868
    • By Angel_868 22nd Nov 19, 11:44 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Angel_868
    Stop being such a pansy snowflake!! LOL

Literally don't get how some people who are such wussy wimps manage to cope in the real world.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 22nd Nov 19, 12:29 PM
    • 6,416 Posts
    • 37,451 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Get a complaint in, get your compo cheque and put someone out of a job just before xmas.

That should make you proud
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 22nd Nov 19, 12:48 PM
    • 36,716 Posts
    • 47,390 Thanks
    McKneff
    What was the message, you havent said what you thought you heard
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • ChrisK.....
    • By ChrisK..... 22nd Nov 19, 1:01 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    ChrisK.....
    Sounds like you have no intensions of leaving which puts you in a very poor negotiating position. When I left Virgin Media, the LAST THING I wanted was a call from retentions, and no suprise I got one, he was very rude when I wouldn't stay and put the phone down on me, and ultimately took several calls from me to customer services to end my service/bills.

Im absolutely livid that today i missed a phone call from sky customer retention service. .......
    If I ruled the world.......
    • Paully28
    • By Paully28 22nd Nov 19, 2:35 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Paully28
    cooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppeeeeeeeeennnnnnsaa aaashion
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 22nd Nov 19, 11:59 PM
    • 25,012 Posts
    • 14,485 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    i was absolutely disgusted to hear the chap on the end of the phone swearing at me? It certainly sounded like it.
    So you're not even sure what was said?

What are you going to do? Complain that someone MAY have sworn at you?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

414Posts Today

4,368Users online

Martin's Twitter